Daughter Fighting To Be With Mommy?

my daughter could be so into something(toys,food,TV)
but when she see's my BF come sit next to me or even try to talk to me.
she will drop everything she is doing to try to get him aways from me. screaming, biting, hitting, and throwing stuff.
she is 2 years old and my only child.
and he is the first guy i have had around since i got pregnant.
he is not her dad.

but does anybody have any ideas on how to change the way she is acting?

Cyarasmom

Asked by Cyarasmom at 5:33 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter throws a fit when I hug my husband. Sometimes it's because she wants me to hug her and sometimes it's because she wants him to. This is normal behavior that will pass in time.
    Think of yourself as a slice of chocolate cake... if someone else is "eating" you then there is less cake for her. That's how toddlers see relationships. They don't like to share, don't see why they should, and they certainly don't understand the "more love to go around" concept.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:01 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• ohh never thought of it like that.. lol
    Cyarasmom

Answer by Cyarasmom at 6:53 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• She doesn't want to share you with anyone else...

My daughter screams whenever I try to use the phone...same concept...my attention is diverted from her for a few minutes and she doesn't like it.
    Anonymous

• just a suggestion maybe he bought her a toy or spent a little time with her. then she wouldn't feel jealous and it would be more normal for her. Maybe.. Never been in that situation.
    ladyluck09

Answer by ladyluck09 at 11:14 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• you and you boyfriend should try playing with her together. Maybe if she feels that he is there to spend time with both of you and not just you she wont feel threatend . She thinks he is trying to take your time away.
    Sara722

Answer by Sara722 at 1:23 AM on Apr. 26, 2009