Do you buy generic pain relievers?

Do you buy Tylenol, Advil, Aleve, etc or do you choose the store brand? Do you think there's a difference?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Health

• I prefer to buy the name brand but will purchase the store brand if money is tight.

They are not exactly the same. The "filler" ingredients are different just as with any generic medication. It's the fillers that actually can make a generic medication not work as well for any given person while it works fine for another.

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:57 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• NO THERES NO DIFFERENCE
    missmoore2009

Answer by missmoore2009 at 5:39 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• No difference whatsoever, except in the price.
    Compare the ingredients of a brand name to the generic brand and you will see that they are the same.
    I save a ton of money every year by buying generic/store brand meds and they are exactly the same.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:45 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I buy whatever is least expensive.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:55 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• store brand here
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I was sceptical at first but I was broke so I bought the generic for tylenol and it works the same!
    Anonymous

• Yes I buy generic, they work just as well as long as I am getting rid of my headache/or whatever the pain is i'm good :)
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 7:48 PM on Apr. 25, 2009