What do you think about the illegal alien problem and how should we fix it?

For starters I think people born in the US should have to have one parent who is an American. No automatic citizenship by being born here. All other countries in the world have this policy. And I'm sick of Pelousi saying that they should not be kicked out and it's a civil matter not a legal matter. We need to tighten our borders and start throwing people who are in the country illegally out. What is your opinion on the subject?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses, yearning to be free.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 5:53 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I don't agree with you. I think there should be rules and regulations set in place, but we should still welcome people from other countries to the United States. Did you choose to be born here? No, you were lucky to be though, weren't you. Children born in the United States are US Citizens... no doubt about that. IF that happens, yes, the parents should get citizenship.

We are a big nation. My mind is entirely open to new possibilities. The US has granted several countries the right to move to the US whereupon they become citizens... What makes you think we can't do it for more?

All people are human beings and should be treated as such... with dignity.
    Anonymous

• PP - Ditto!
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 5:58 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

Yeah, and ask the poor taxpayer to pay for it  'til their eyes bleed.

I would advise you to move to California if your not already there.

Don't be spreadin'   that wisdom around.........................

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 6:01 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I disagree with the OP. Let's just get a process going. Pelosi is saying make it a civil matter not a "criminal" matter, she's not saying to not make it a legal matter. Why waste a lot of resources on people whose only crime is being in the country illegally? There are plenty of real criminals to concentrate on.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 6:03 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• The key word here is ILLEGAL. If people want to come to this country legally no problem. But why have laws if we don't enforce them?
    Anonymous

• Where do you think Americans came from? If you aren't a Native American. Then your relatives came from ANOTHER country. I agree there should be rules and regulations. But if I lived in Mexico I'd sneak to the US to have my baby.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 6:07 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I would say that most if not all illegal immigrants who come to the US are just looking for a better life. A better life for themselves and their children. The American Dream. There's a reason they call it that. And wouldn't you want it to? Wouldn't you risk deportation back to your shitty country just to get a taste of what we have here? It is not the illegal immigrants fault. Yeah it is their fault that they came here. But they came here to live a better life and have better things. It is our system that is screwed up and if we can find a better way it will be better all around.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 6:13 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• If all the mexicans were sent back, who would clean your house, do your yard work, fix your roof, clean all the hotels, work in the restaurants, do all of the construction work, etc etc..... all of those companies would be forced to hire Americans and pay them a fair wage. That's where the problem lies. The corrupt companies who hire the illegals because they can get them dirt cheap, they work really hard and for long hours and they will do ANY job.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 6:18 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• And Democrats would win elections from now until forever.............................

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 6:19 PM on Apr. 25, 2009