I took a pregnancy test on the 17th and it came back negative. Is there a way I can still be pregnant since I really do not get my period until the 24th?

I get my period on the 24th each month. I took a pregnancy test on the 17th and it came back negative. Today the 20th I am feeling really sick to my stomach and smells are really geting to me today. Is there way I can still be pregnant even though the test came back negative

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Absolutely. You may even want to wait til about the 25th or 26th to be sure. I am 7 mos along and my 1st test came back negative. Good Luck :)
    Monicasbelly

Answer by Monicasbelly at 6:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• OF course! Every time I was pregnant, when it finally was a line, it was faint. With my last, I took a test and it was negative. I literally said, nope, and went and bought another. It was positive. This was an hour difference, if that. Some friends never had a positive test. It's all about hormones. If you don't get your period a week and a half after its due and your still getting negatives, make an appointment with the doctor. Hope it helps!
    NomadSara

Answer by NomadSara at 6:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• You can absolutely be pregnant and not get a positive pregnancy test. A pregnancy test works by picking up HCG in your urine. There is normally enough to be detected around the time that you would have started your period, but a few women who do not have enough detectable HCG in their urine until they are 5 or 6 weeks pregnant.
    patches61

Answer by patches61 at 6:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I am due on July 9th and I took 1 pregnancy test every other day for a week and they kept coming back Negative.. Then I went to the hospital to see what was wrong with me and the blood test they did came back positive so yes you definately could be pregnant
    Shannon906

Answer by Shannon906 at 7:18 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• For sure!!!! I took a test everyother day for a week or two with my last 2 pregnancy's before I finally got positives. I was 4-5 weeks into my pregnancy both times before the tests could read the pregnancy.
    misty1_sd

Answer by misty1_sd at 8:41 PM on Jun. 20, 2008