Has anyone heard that Obama is going to raise the middle class taxes next year?

I saw on a news shoe I was watching that Obama cannot pay for all the programs he wants to implement and has figured out that taxing the rich doesn't bring in enough money so is going to start taxing the middle class next year. One more broken promise. Has anyone else heard about this and what do you think of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think that you are trying to stir the pot alot tonight. IN order for the country to get out of the mess Obama DID NOT make, he has to do something right? What the heck do you want of him? Do you honestly think that anyone can get this country of the mess OBAMA DID NOT make without raising some taxes? I think you might want to go read up on government issues Dear.
    Anonymous

• I didn't know the tax plan was put together yet. Link, please?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 6:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• and what SHOW did you happen to see this on?
    Anonymous

• First, let me just state that I don't like Obama and don't agree with many of the things he has done.
    That said...
    This was just "talking heads" talking about the problems with the budget and possible ways to "fix" it.
    Also, Obama can NOT raise taxes on anyone. Only Congress can. Obama can ask Congress to pass a law, he can lobby for it, he can even draft the darn thing. But Congress has to actually pass it - complete with every change demanded by every Congressman who agrees to vote for it - before Obama gets a chance to sign it into law. If Congress doesn't pass it, Obama will never get the chance to sign it.

Want to help head off this or any other issue? Go to www.VoteSmart.org, type in your zip code, and get a list of mailing addresses for your Representatives. They can't REPRESENT you if you don't tell them how you feel.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:06 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I heard this to. Can you find a link? You are going to get slammed by someone pretty quick for not sticking one in.

Taxes in the UK are going to now be 50%..yikes. This info I heard at the same time I heard about the increase here.

It is a foregone conclusion that taxes will have to go up for EVERYONE, maybe not this year, but soon. We have to pay back the money the big O has spent in the last 100 days.

Oh, did you hear, the government is officially out of money on Sunday. As of Sunday, they will have spent all the income they had for the year. The money for the rest of the year will have to be borrowed. I don't have a link, heard it on MSM news... google it.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:06 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• yes, it came out today, there is some talk floating around that Congress wants to implement a tax for spend program. Whenever a new spending program is signed by Obama, Congress will then implement a tax to offset the cost. And yes, it was speculated this morning EVERYONE who pays tax will be then paying at LEAST a 50% tax on INCOME alone. This does not include, state and local taxes, stealth taxes and energy taxes. Also, Congress is taking away the $400 energy tax credit for the imminent increase in energy costs.
    So yes, it is a huge promise not kept, and a huge lie he gave the people and 64 million dumbasses bought it.
    Anonymous

• Well said Kaycee, finally a voice of reason out here in this big 'ol country of ours. Thank God for folks like you.
    Anonymous

• it was speculated this morning EVERYONE who pays tax will be then paying at LEAST a 50% tax on INCOME alone.
    _______________________
    As you said, speculation. I have heard no specifics. It would be just as valid to sit here and say that the martians are coming. lol
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 6:15 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Also, Obama can NOT raise taxes on anyone. Only Congress can.

I guess you think Nancy and Bawney don't want to raise your taxes?................

Ohh boyyyy.......................

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 6:17 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• It was all speculation that ACORN had registered dead people and the same people numerous times in sept. and Oct. But DAMN, it turned out to be true around Nov. and Dec.
    The liberals are still giving the black man a pass, I know you will all enjoy your new higher taxes. On cigarettes especially.
    Well your ass is still huge, so pay for the cigarettes until you look Cambodian cause you can't afford food AND cigarettes with Obama, Your hero.
    Anonymous