About how long did it take for you to feel like yourself again?

After having baby? I'm going on my 3rd week since having my baby and I still feel lathargic and dizzy if I stand for too long, I didn't have any complications during labor...is this normal??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it was about 3-4 weeks for me. my friend said she didnt feel like herself till closer to 6.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 6:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• did you have a c-section? if so it could be the medication you are on. are you drinking enough fluids? i would call the doctor and see what they say. it doesn't seem normal to me.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 6:06 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• OP here, no, I delivered vaginally, I'm only taking an anti-biotic because I got mastitis, could this be from lack of sleep??

Anonymous

• very possible. sleep when your baby sleeps...this is what really helped me.or drink coffee. The chores can wait. take care of you and your baby!!!
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 6:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I didn't start feeling like myself until about a month and a half after the birth of my daughter. I had a C-Section though and complications from it.... But a child takes a lot out of your body both during pregnancy and after birth. It could be normal but I would call your doctor and check. Better safe than sorry... especially with that little one to worry about now =]
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 6:28 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• any day now ;]
    _bittersweet

Answer by _bittersweet at 6:30 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• i would say its from lack of sleep. as time goes by babies start sleeping longer and so can u. try taking little naps during the day. physically i feel like myself again but psychologically i still dont 4 months later. its such a change being a mom i dont think i will ever feel like i did before i had the baby ever again. thats good in a lot of ways but i sometimes miss being alone like even for 2 seconds! and going places without lugging a car seat, diaper bag etc i used to just jump in the car and go...
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 6:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• it took me almost 8 weeks but that is only because I had a complicated delivery.
    zacharysmommie2

Answer by zacharysmommie2 at 7:00 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Honestly, it took me a good 3-4 months to start feeling "alive" again. I had an emergency c-section, and didn't take any pain meds, but since I lost alot of blood I was very anemic and felt dizzy, tired, and so forth for a while. I didn't know what was wrong with me and I was seeing alot of doctors. It really was due to the lack of sleep, and coping with a newborn. It takes time, and your body will adjust. Sleep when the baby sleeps, drink lots of water, and try to eat healthy balanced meals. Maybe taking vitamins or getting rest whenever you can will help. I also dealt with sinus/ear issues which also played a role in my dizziness, but more due to the lack of sleep. Good luck and hang in there.
    MandyT1021

Answer by MandyT1021 at 7:06 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• You shouldn't need antibiotics for mastitis; massage and hot compresses should do the trick.

As for feeling like yourself, if you are drinking lots of water and eating healthy foods, you can expect to feel this way for another 18 years or so.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2009