How long does your newborn usually nurse for?

I know not to watch the clock, but instead watch baby, but I was just wondering how long other babies are nursing for, mine goes anywhere from 10 to 20 mins on each.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It depends on if your baby is a lazy eater. Some babies go 20 minutes on each side and others take 45. As long as the baby is not starving or waking every 30 minutes to eat then your supply is good and the baby is getting the food it needs.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 6:06 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Depends sometimes he nursed for over an hour others for 10 minutes or so...best thing to do is let them finish so they get the hindmilk...some babies take longer than others..
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 6:17 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• mine at first ate for like 45 min, and now at 2 months eats like... 20 min ish....
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:25 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• The range is SO vast, because my first daughter was one hour nursing (30 minutes on EACH side), one hour off, for the first 4 weeks... my second got the whole thing out of the way in about 10 minutes...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:41 PM on Apr. 25, 2009