Why is sexuality such a major deal?? Can't we just look at people for who they are?

We are all so concerned with who is gay or who is straight. Why does it really matter?? People who are attracted to red heads don't walk around flaunting their sexuality. Guys who are in to fat chicks don't go to the effort of telling everyone around their preference. My sisters recently had "Gay Day" at their high school. WHY? Why don't they have "BI Day" and "Straight Day" or "Oral sex appreciation day"? Does it really matter how the person sitting next to you at work has sex? Or who they have sex with? I am NOT against gay rights or anyones rights. I am saying why do people really have to throw who they have sex with in everyones face? When did your sexual preference take over who you are as a person? Can't we focus on the person and not how they have sex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It is just human nature to want to know everything about another person and then put them into a catergory.
    In a perfect world a person's morals, integrity, and values would make them who they are. The world we live in now people are defined by their looks, race, sexuality, and amount of money they have. I think that we are slowly heading in the right direction, but it is going to take a while. When you clean out your closet it makes your whole bedroom dirty before you can organize and fix everything. With all the hatred and persecution that has gone on in the past it will take a long time to really get it all fixed and make things right.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 6:21 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I agree. The gay stuff is flaunted far too much these days. I don't agree with the fact that a high school should have a "gay day".. thats just not right.

I have often thought about this. I also feel that it is an option.. not something that you are born with.. just like you said... we, as straight people, have the option of not having sex... so, why can't gay people be the same way.

I really don't agree with the whole lifestyle thing anyway.. I liked them better in the closet.
    Anonymous

• Yeah I dont care what people do in the bedroom. It isnt affecting MY life, so whats it any of my business?
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 6:16 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• im with you
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:16 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I AGREE. No matter who you choose in life its about the person you are and the person you raise your children to be. Not who you marry or fall in love with. We should be judge based off of our character and not whom we choose to date, marry or love. It is a sick world when thats all some care about. Yet when it comes down to it the real question is if sexuality is such an issue who is the one with the problem? The person who is gay or the one who is concerned because they are unsure in their own sexuality so they have to be judgmental of others to make themselves feel straight? Judging someone else based only on their sexual preference leads me to believe they are uncomfortable in their own body.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 6:17 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• About the "gay day" thing.. I believe that was to spread awareness. Gays are looked DOWN upon, I believe it was all in good nature. Honestly- Ive had quite a few of gay friends, never did they flaunt their liking of butt-sex in front of me. Hahah. Sorry, I just wanted to say butt-sex. Hahah.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 6:18 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I can agree with you mostly for sure.I do not care one bit about someones sex life.I do not need to hear about it lol.I do not want it flaunted in front of me and esp not my children.
    Now as for gay marriage and all I am not a supporter because I believe marriage is for one man and one woman.Nothing says I have to support it either.Nothing stops others from supporting they have that right too.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:18 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Being gay is a HUGE part of who they are and it affects every aspect of their life. I believe when they are no longer treated like second class citizens they will not have to "flaunt" it the way they do now!

Anonymous

• They didn't HAVE to in the first place.
    Anonymous

• Honestly, the only people flaunting it are people like the OP. We would hear a lot less about Homosexuals if people just shut the hell up and made it legal.

Bash away!
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 6:29 PM on Apr. 25, 2009