fetal movement please answer

I havent felt my baby for about 2 hours. I called and got the midwife on call and she said wait another hour and see if he moves. To try eating and drinking something well I am not hungry and have been drinking all day. I had an amnio on Monday and now I am worried that something is wrong. I am 37 weeks by the edd that the Dr gave me and 40 weeks and 3 days by my calculations. I have also been having contractions every 5 or so min that a few have dropped me to my knees. Should I just go in or should I wait? Also I can have contractions every min and a half and not dialate and we are doing a repeat csection because he is a large baby. Sorry if confusing I am worried.

newmommy61207

Asked by newmommy61207 at 6:22 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Also I am sched for another amnio on MOn and then delivery if the lung test comes back better than it did this past Mon. It was borderline last Monday

newmommy61207

Answer by newmommy61207 at 6:23 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Go ahead and go get checked out. you'll feel better and stop worrying.. as for the baby moving .. mine was like that once .. i went and set in the tub of warm water .. it always made mine move around. But if your that far along I would say go ahead and have them check things out. Good luck
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 6:25 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• You should know that the baby doesn't move that much this far along. As long as he is moving he is fine. You would notice blood or fluid leaking if something is wrong. You are probably having stress induced contractions that will go away if you calm down and relax. At 37 weeks I was lucky if I felt my daughter 3 times a day and felt the full 12 movements. If you had it monday and its now saturday and its just now happening the baby might be having a lazy day. Take a shower and let the water run on you and make it colder or put ice on your stomach. Try relaxing and resting. I had contracts for 3 weeks before I had my daughter and was 2 cm dilated and 60% effaced.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 6:26 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• why would you wait if yuo have contractions that are 5 min apart and dropping you to your knees and no fetal movement for a while? i would go in and get checked. why did you ask your midwife what to do about the non movement if you arent going to follow what she says? eat something and drink something like orange juice or something cold like a smoothie and see if it works. dont get all worried if you arent going to do something about it
    Anonymous

• go to L&D, better to be safe than sorry girl!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 7:29 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• update, he started moving, and the reason i am hesitant on going in is because they have sent me home now 4 times cause the contractions wont dialte me, they wont listen that I wont dialate, hell i was induced with my daughter had contractions off the chart and still didnt dialate. thank you all for you input. if my water breaks i will go for sure. my contractions also slowed down a but once he started moving so i have no clue what is going on. i guess we will find out monday and i will have my son.
    newmommy61207

Answer by newmommy61207 at 7:48 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I'm not sure if your doctor has told you about kick counts but my doctor has me doing them everyday since we had a scare with him not moving this past week.

Anyway the way it works is you get a watch, a piece of paper, and a pen. Eat something nutrious (not greesy, etc.) and drink something sweet like apple juice.

Then lay down on your left side. Write down the time when you start. When you've felt 10 movements (kicks, rolls, etc.), write down the time again. You should feel 10 kicks within 2 hours.

If you do not feel AT LEAST 10 kicks within 2 hours CALL YOUR HPC IMMEDIATELY!!

*******ALSO I want to add that a big baby is NOT a reason to have a c-section and I would suggest you get a second opinion before you let your knife happy doctor cut on you.
    Anonymous

• From what I have read when you are about to go into labor the baby gets into position and doesn't move much...maybe your baby is just preparing? I am 37 weeks and I think I might be nervous with no movement for that long either...have you tried kind of poking at your belly to see if there's any response? I know that sounds stupid but that's probably what i'd do first...What does your midwife plan to do if you don't have movement for another hour?? Can't she come listen for a heartbeat or something to put your mind at ease??
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:19 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• When I went into labor my son stopped moving. I went into the hospital around noon then i went back home because they said he was fine and i was having light contractions then by the next morning i was balling when i had contractions so i went in an had him:) so you could just be in a very early stage of labor.
    Andrewsmommy12

Answer by Andrewsmommy12 at 9:45 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• to add to the movement count.. you should actually feel 10 in ONE hour, but if you dont get the full 10, drink something again and start again for another hour.. if you dont get more out of that hour then you need to contact your doctor immediately
    Anonymous