should i just let them be really full and hurt, or drain them out.. or pump?

my right boob is REALLY full, so full the milk ducts i can feel the little bally things. lol... well my daughter wont eat right now, shes full, and shes sleeping anyway.

so they hurt.. should i just wait until she wants to eat again in a few hours, or pump... or just drain them out???

thanks... first time mommy here so im not sure what is best :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would pump until you relieve the pressure. That way you're helping your body regulate. Making milk is great but too much can be miserable. If you over pump, your body will think it needs to make more (which you can freeze) so just be mindful of how much and when you need to pump. You should self-regulate with your baby's needs soon.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 6:58 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Pump so if you ever need a bottle. You can freeze it or let you husband or SO give it to her later on. Don't waste is as you may need a back up supply one day.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 6:32 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Pump! Pump!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 6:32 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Pump until you're empty. Make sure you pump both breasts!
    oh__you

Answer by oh__you at 6:39 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• pump and save the milk :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• go ahead and pump. it will help ur supply and relieve the fullness
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 6:45 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Pump and save it for the future ... release that pressure!
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 7:11 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I agree with RugersMommy...if you pump you're going to have to go through this every time because your body is going to keep making as much as you use. I'm dealing with an oversupply problem myself, but I'm dealing with the discomfort so hopefully it will pass instead of keep going and going.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:12 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Definitely pump and save it for another time. You don't want to get an infection, and you do want breastmilk in the freezer (we called them milksicles) so you can have date night with your beloved.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:33 PM on Apr. 25, 2009