• In the Spotlight:

Did it hurt the first time??

last night we attemped to have sex for the first time since our son was born (6 weeks ago, via c-section) and it hurt so bad we had to stop! Is this normal for the first time? Anyone else have this problem?

robbinsme

Asked by robbinsme at 6:39 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• oh yes it will hurt! keep in mind you JUST had a baby and went through surgery and your body takes a while to get back down to size since it was stretched and all. it hurt me when SO and I had sex about I think 2 months PP. it didnt feel good at all. but we took it very very slow and eventually it felt good again! but if it hurts, dont try and continue! follow your body's cues!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:46 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• i didnt have sex again until my son was 2 months from 2 yrs so idk lmao
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:41 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I don't think so, but don't remember it's been a year and half since c-section. Talk to doctor I guess.
    Anonymous

• It hurt me the first time, and I had a c-section too... it's a lot of things. Hormones make it harder to get aroused -- that's the biggest one. You're probably also stressed and stuff. You might need more time, or you might just need more lube! Haha, keep trying if you're willing, and if you're not ready, then Hubby will just have to wait. [:
    oh__you

Answer by oh__you at 6:47 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Yes, that is normal. It took a while for DH to "enter" fully when we first were having sex again after baby was born. Invest in lube! It works great!
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 7:09 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Call me a rebel, but 8 days after my c section I had sex. Very slow and carefully. It didnt hurt at all. For some reason, my hormones were raging out of contol.
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 9:03 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• omg!! did it hurt. and its is alot of things. one thing that i think it is is mothers nature playing a cruel trick. u arweeven more sore when u breast feed. its the hormones. but it seems as if its a cruel trick and a kind of self imposed birth control we didnt ask for lol. but yes take it slow and listen to your body. its touch when u have a baby by c section. u need time to recover .
    Anonymous

• Yes, it is very normal. I'd wait a week to have sex again.
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 10:40 PM on Apr. 25, 2009