Does anyone know who has better welfare benefits: WA or ID?

I'm moving to near the ID, WA border (from OR), and am wondering if I'd be better off living in ID or in WA. Unfortunately, I need foodstamps, and childcare assistance at this point in my life. Which state has better benefits?

LsMamaL

Asked by LsMamaL at 7:46 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• Wow...nothing like picking a state by who will let you be a bigger drain on them
    Anonymous

• ha ha LAME question here, just made yourself sound like a FOOL and 2. gave the impression that you are only out for government assistance! How about finding a JOB and doing things for yourself?? welfare is for those in NEED, not those that have the internet and asking which state gives more welfare benefits!
    Anonymous

• Unbelievable. I remember growing up, there was a entire family that moved from Tennessee to California just becase they would receive $300 more in benefits. My moms' friend was from NY and I remember her saying WTH?

Crazy Question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• wow!! just wanted you to have an un-rude answer on here- but i dont know the answer and the best thing to do rather than posting on here so you can be judged by a bunch of idiots would have been to ggogle the info you needed.
    anon#3 she is not moving across the country to receive better benefits just deciding which side of the border to live on in a move she is already making geez louise!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• If you can be on the computer to ask this question, maybe you should have done a search and found this information out all by yourself. CF is not the best place to ask for this type of information. Your are trusting people you don't know to provide you with important facts. Look it up yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Wow. The judgement here is amazing. And pretty cruel. Do you KNOW anything about this person? What if she is a young widow? What if she is disabled? What if she has had some serious tragedies in her life and is trying to get on her feet by moving? You all know nothing about her but are choosing to make hateful remarks. She said "Unfortunately, I need assistance at this point in my life." There was a point in my own life where i was on WIC because I qualified for it due to a low income. I did not stay on it for long at all, but it was a godsend in a time when my Dh and I were really struggling to make ends meet. Thank God now my husband is successful in his job and we have gotten past that hard spot in our lives. I am just shocked by how cruel the women here can be. I would suggest getting online and researching or even calling the respective state assistance programs to find out what benefits will help most. GL
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:20 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• To add to that KTMOM, I agree with you 100%, we don't know the person's intentions, nor do we know her situation. Leave the judging up to God...People ask questions here to get a sound response and maybe, just maybe, hoping that people will be helpful not hurtful. My point is why give your personal opinion if it's not going to do the person any good. Think about questions that you may want to ask in the future and then remember how you responded to this one...would you want someone to respond to your questions so rude, negatively, and hurtful? oh I forgot judgemental...Just something to think about. One more thing to add, " If you answer anonymously, please make sure your answer is nice, honest, and respectful". I wasn't sure if you guys read that part.
    tseymour

Answer by tseymour at 4:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• It is sad that mothers would put such judgemental comments on here. I thought this was for mothers helping mothers not putting them down. Everyone needs some type of help in their life whether it is financial, physical or emotional. If you do not have nothing nice to say then keep it to yourself. All I know about Washington benefits, being that I am from here, is that a family of five income can not exceed 4000 a month.
    cherrera5

Answer by cherrera5 at 4:46 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I think a lot of the benefits are federal, but I'm not sure about that. Oregon has one of the highest unemployment rates right now, so don't move here unless you want to stay poor, honey. I think Washington has pretty decent benefits but everyone is really cutting back on everything.

If you need help with food or your utilities, most churches or non-profits will help you.

I wish the best for you and your family. Times are very tough right now. Hang in there.
    Gilagirl

Answer by Gilagirl at 5:04 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I meant don't stay in Oregon. Duh!

To the other posters, she said she needs childcare assistance which means she is either employed or enrolled in school.
    Gilagirl

Answer by Gilagirl at 5:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2009