pregnancy and fever?

How high should you let a fever get b4 you go to the hospital? Im 37w and i have achy knee's with red bumps on arms and legs and a second night in a row with a fever and im very tired. I already called my dr and he said to wait it over the weekend i think he's being lazy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How high is it now?
    Early in pregnancy, a low fever is probably not a problem, but a high fever (over 103 degrees Fahrenheit) can be lethal for the baby.

The physiologic processes in early fetal development, such as protein activity, are temperature sensitive, and the entire fetal development process hinges on the right proteins getting turned on at the right time. If your body goes from 98.6 degrees to 103 degrees, it could keep the proteins from working properly and cause you to have a miscarriage.

when your baby is fully formed and it's just a question of the baby getting bigger, fever isn't that much of a problem, unless it's caused by an intrauterine infection. To be safe, give your doctor a call if you have a fever that doesn't seem to be related to an illness.

Its it is 102 go to the ER
    You could have a pregnancy rash.its called Prurigo..it goes away after pregnancy
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 8:19 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• If you have fever AT ALL in your last trimester you need to be assed. Even a low grade fever can raise the baby's heart rate and cause problems. Not to mention it's NOT good to be in labor with a fever because that signifies infection.

Also if you have an infection you don't know WHERE it is. You don't want a vaginal infection that isn't taken care of.

Anonymous

• I also wanted to add that I went in to the hospital a few nights ago because of decreased fetal movement and my baby's heart rate was 165. His heart rate is normally in the very low 140s. I told the nurse that so she checked my temp and it was 99.0. So they got me cooled down and brought my temp down with luke warm rags and a REALLY cold AC.

After my temp came down so did the baby's heart rate.
    Anonymous