How many chances should you give the same man?

my sister and her BF have been together for 4 years in may, and heres a little back history.

he used to have a crush on me and admitted it to my sister. he has commitment issues and refuses to share his apartment with her but she lives with our dad and he gets mad if hes not aloud to stay with her. he claims he wants his indepence but he lets her pay for everything from his bills, to everyday food and spontaneous movies. she says she is happy with him, but he is always fighting with her telling her she is smothering him. and i know he cares about her but he is always treating her horribly. should she give him another chance?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• No he is using her and sounds like hes up to no good
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 8:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• lol... no.... not now at least. i would tell her to leave him and if he comes back a few months later or whatever then MAYBE consider taking him back. if he cared enough about her he wouldnt want her to go.
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 8:11 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• sounds like he has another girlfriend to me. I dated a guy like that for about 5 minutes. If he can't commit, or pay for his own crap, he doesn't deserve anyone to do it for him.
    Anonymous

• He's exploiting her. Tell her to put her money in the bank and save up for a wedding to a nice guy who likes and appreciates her. ...or her own apt. Either one is better than throwing money down the drain for some man to treat her like crap. She can get those kind of men for free any day.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:19 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• He treats her horriblely? No no no. Toxic man. She is wasting her time and she could be out there bettering herself instead of being with a guy that is too insecure to be with her and too immature. She sounds like she needs to get out of this cycle and be alone for a while. I bet she's afraid to be alone and that's why she hasn't kicked this guy to the curb. I'd rather be alone than be with a guy that made me dance circles around him.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 9:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• No, no, and no. Even if he cares for her, it's probably not in the way she deserves.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 10:12 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• what a jerk and a your sister is allowing him to use her. kick him to the curb and change your address if possible and your phone no. at least.
    emily1234

Answer by emily1234 at 10:14 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• He's using her and He's a player.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 12:48 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I don't think she should have given him a first chance. Several red flags going up there.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 2:11 AM on Apr. 26, 2009