My puppy is going to kill us all....

what can you do for smelly, yucky, something crawled up their butt and died gas??

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 8:32 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Pets

• LOL! I hear ya. It's the food. You have to find a food that will agree with his tummy. Canned food is the worst! My dog does that to me when I come back from traveling, after he's board, they must feed him a different food, because it takes him about three days to get back to normal. (I make him sleep in the garage those nights) LOL
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:35 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I would try changing his food. Sometimes dogs have allergies to grain, corn, and sometimes different types of meat. I would try changing his food to see if that helps.

Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:23 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• My dog eats the same thing every day. Kibbles and bits and a can of alpo and she gets a milk bone here and there. Every now and then we give her a treat from the table and then watch out cuz some smells be comin' outta her booty that just ain't right. They are just like us and it will pass. Ha Ha.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:38 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• God! My dog farts and I swear the air turns purple, people run for the door choking and gagging--me included! Fortunately it doesn't happen very often or there would have to be some new arrangements around here!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:30 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Are you taking him on regular "walks" after each meal? This is very important esp. if you are housebreaking. Small dogs have short colons and need to move their bowels right after each meal. I wouldn't keep food on the floor all day long. Dogs in their natural state (in the wild) do not eat all day long.)

If we get in a hurry and don't make sure our dogs move their bowels before we travel, we almost fall OUT from their gas that smells literally like putrified fish. Peeeuuuuu
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 2:52 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• 3 tablespoons of unflavored, organic yogurt with every meal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Apr. 26, 2009