Chronicles of Narnia

What are the religious symbolism that are said to be used in the movie? I am most curious about the professor or the older man who took the children.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not sure about the professor, but Aslan (the lion) is supposed to be God.
    Anonymous

• Aslan is Jesus. the witch is evil or satan. the stone table is the tomb. there are a lot of websites that can give you the entire list.

imo the professor is "witnessing" to the children. he gets the older 3 to believe Lucy long enough to listen to her about the wardrobe.

the professor is really interesting...but you have to read Magicians Nephew to really understand his character.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I'm not familiar with the movies, but there is a TON of symbolism in the books (I did my senior paper on it in high school, lol).
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Alsan is Jesus, the oldest boy is Adam, the oldest girl is Eve, the youngest girl is Mary, the youngest boy is Judas. The "Santa" figure is John the Baptist. The witch is Satan/evil. The statues are those who God will call to himself who are spiritually dead (which is why Aslan breaths into them the "breath of life").

Those are my interpretations, I can't remember the rest lol (which is awful because I was in a LWW production in high school).
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:01 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I love that movie!Has the new one came out yet?
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 12:41 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Oh yae i have seen the new one! It was good too.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 12:43 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• actually cs lewis the writter said people were reading more into the stories than he meant they are not alagories but what he felt god might have done in another world Yes aslan is Jesus the empeor over the sea is god and the Jada ( white witch) is satan. the children are not adam and eve they are in fact called the sons of adam and the daughter of eve you can not be your own ancester. although in the lion the witch and the wardrpbe edmund is a judas figure he is also likened to Peter who was forgiven and later became a great follower. In the later books it is often Edmund who councils peter and the others on what aslan would like the to do and Lucy is in my opinion the childlike faith we must all have pure and true. but cs lewis dosen't ever claim that
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 1:03 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Lyndall, I always heard that Lewis wrote the story for his sick niece/nephew to explain the salvation in a way the child could understand. If that's not correct, I will be disappointed. I'm going to have to do some research on this. Also, I didn't think were Adam and Eve, but the descendants of them as in the fulfillment of a prophesy. Their children would come to complete a promise made so they were directly linked. The white witch was the evil, temptation, Lucifer, Aslan was Jesus, etc. However it goes, it is a good story.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:16 AM on Apr. 26, 2009