periorbital cellulitis is it serious?

wassom

Asked by wassom at 8:39 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• http://www.childrenshospital.org/az/Site1387/mainpageS1387P0.html

This link might help.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 8:41 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• WOW!!! I just saw those words and remembered well. My son was around 8 or 9 when he woke up one morning and his eye looked a little swollen. I thought maybe he was just groggy so I watched him closely. I don't remember exactly how fast, but it quickly began to swell to the point that he almost could not open it any longer. Maybe a few hours? Anyway, we took him to the doctor and they said that he had PC ( im not going to try to spell that) He was given antibiotics. Never had a problem again.
    April0040

Answer by April0040 at 9:06 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• my daughter had cellulitis and had to go to childrens in boston.she had it in her leg from a cut.she was in there for 4 days.real strong antibiotics and she was fine.childrens in boston was the best hopital i cant say enough about it:)it turned out good and she has fortunatly good memories...
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 12:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• My daughter had cellulitus when she was 1yr old she spent 8days at childrens hospital on heavy antibiotics and came home with a heavy dose as well. It is serious. get him checked out and on the proper antibiotics!
    Supermamato4

Answer by Supermamato4 at 8:47 AM on May. 2, 2009