Cleaning toys!!

What is your favorite or easiest way to clean everyday toys and bath toys?

JacobsMommy05

Asked by JacobsMommy05 at 8:44 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree Paige8608. Warm soapy water is the best way. The JAMA and AMA are begging us to stop using anti-bacterial cleaners and hand sanitizers. We must have a little dose of germs daily to keep a healthy immune system. We have made ourselves so "clean" that antibiotics can't treat the strain of bacteria we have encouraged. Have you ever noticed that the "dirty" kids never get sick, but you work so hard to keep your child shielded from germs, yet they are sick a lot? It's because the "dirty" kid gets exposed to germs and has a healthy immune system. Dirt is good.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:43 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I just put them in the kitchen sink & wash them w/ dish soap. I don't like using disinfectant sprays or bleach.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 8:58 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• fill up the bath tub with a little bleach, and hot water, dump the toys in leave em for about 20 mins. empty tub, fill again with just water and leave them in for about 20 more mins...also cleans the tub a bit so you just have to wipe it down, and you can get more toys in that way
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:01 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Yep I fill the tub with bleach water and let 'em soak. I then let them soak in clean hot water then rinse them all individually and dry them completely!
    apattinson

Answer by apattinson at 9:06 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• i wash them in the sink..or dishwaher..or sometimes bleach..lol..i guess it just all depends
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 9:26 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Rubbing alcohol and rinse rinse rinse ...for the plastics! For stuffed animals...I throw them in a pillow case and wash them and dry them in the laundry.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 9:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Clorox disinfecting wipes.1 wipe does a lot of toys and I know that the bad germs are DIEING!
    MamaCass07

Answer by MamaCass07 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• If they are plastic and have no way for water to rust them, I use a mixture of Clorox Bleach and warm water and let air dry. I let the toys soak for about 3 minutes. The bleach evaporates and is not harmful to kids. (Learned this from working in daycares, they are required to do this with all toys atleast 1 time a week).

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:12 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I don't clean them, am I a bad mom?
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:31 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I clean the toys when I change kids' bedroom sheets and blankets 1/2 time of per week. I use the wipe or soak in by CLOROX.

Whenever my kids are sick, I clean them often as everyday. Nose running spread when my baby have them in his mouth.

=D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Apr. 26, 2009