Can you buy formula with food stamps?

missmack084

Asked by missmack084 at 8:47 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• why dont you look into wic instead?
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 8:50 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• as far as i know its a food item
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:50 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Yes but remember breastfeeding is FREE. :)

But yes I used to work at a store and you CAN buy it. If you can get WIC I would suggest it because the formula can be SO expensive. One family that used to come into the grocery store I worked at spent ALL of their monthly food stamps on formula. I guess they didn't qualify for WIC and the mom told me the only reason she had FS was because of formula!! It's crazy how much they charge!
    Anonymous

• yes, i confirmed that someone did it before
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:51 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Why must you push breast feeding, no wonder you posted anon... UGH i hate people like you!
    Anonymous

• I wasn't pushing breastfeeding. My God!! I was simply stating. It is NEVER to late to suggest or support breastfeeding.

You can hate me all you want but I did nothing wrong. It's not like I didn't answer her question.
    Anonymous

• Why must people rely on the government to provide their formula?
    Anonymous

• It's not that people rely on the government to provide formula! Right now people are going through hard times and need all the help they can get. Hell I was on WIC when my son was born, formula is expensive and I would rather have help feeding my son, and at the same time be able to afford all of my bills! You're telling me you have NEVER once in your life needed assistance for anything, government or other wise??
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 9:06 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Yes it does pay for formula....WIC doesn't give you enough formula to last for the month (they will even tell you that). Why do people have to rely on the government to provide formula......have you noticed the economy lately....everyone needs help sometimes. You wouldn't be asking that question if you were in a situation where you needed help~ Anon 9:00pm.
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 9:06 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• If she needs help then she needs help, you would rather her baby go hungry? Go BREASTFEED you child, he/she is calling you
    Anonymous