If the temperature is going to be in the mid 50's tonight, what do you dress your baby in to wear?

I just went to check on my son, and he feels a little warm, however he doesn't have a fever. I have the heat on at 70 degrees and he has a fan on his room. It doesn't seem too warm. I have him in a thin cotton sleep suit and a sleep sack. Is it too warm for him? He's been sleeping for 3 hours now, so it'll get cooler as the night goes on. I'm just worried he's overdressed. He's 8 months old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't worry about the temp outside if you have the heat on.. if you're comfortable, he's comfortable
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 8:55 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Put him in the same amount of clothes you are wearing!
    funmom99876

Answer by funmom99876 at 9:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• The general rule of thumb for babies is whatever you're wearing and add a layer.

I think he's fine. Believe me....he will wake up and WAKE YOU UP if he's too uncomfortable!!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:40 PM on Apr. 25, 2009