stupid teens....

ok so how do you deal with preteens at the playgroud? i went yesterday to the playground in our neighborhood w/my daughter, who's 3 i'm 8 months preg. they asked me if i was preg!!! ok didn't respond but then they paid no attention almost knocked her and the two kids we were with (2 and 4) over numerous times, and they didn't pay attention on the swings, and well little people are fast, big preggo girl can only run after the 2 yr old so quickly to get him away from the swings, and they would all just laugh when he went near them! i'm not going to leave, the park is meant for little kids, but at the same time i don't want to be the old lady that yells at kids all the time. i finally had to at one point b/c if my daughter hadn't jumped out of the way they would have pinned her between one of them (playing chase grab a$$ flirting and he was runnign backwards) and the slide. any advice on how to keep from getting to that point?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• COPS?? That's what they are there for.
    Anonymous

• I would have asked them politely if they didn't mind to please be more cautious since they were little ones around. It usually works for me with children as young as 5 all the way to teens. My son is also 3 yo. If I sense danger and that the other children are not honoring my request, I pull my little one away. It isn't worth to make a point at expense of a head concussion or even worst.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 9:08 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Remember that the teens are running on hormones and lack a "pre-frontal lobe!" Sometimes you can appeal to their maturity - especially babysitting-aged girls. Otherwise, keep your own kids safe and start teaching the 3 & 4-year-olds about keeping themselves safe (not that they'll be able to do it consistently, but they can start) I like the police idea, too. E-mail your police force to let them know what time the big kids are hanging out and they'll probably send a cruiser past. And don't be a afraid to be the crabby mom!!
    funmom99876

Answer by funmom99876 at 9:18 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• This is probably gonna be a really bad idea but here it is: cuss them out
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 10:35 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Just say in a firm tone, "Hey guys! Watch out for the little ones, ok?" If they continue to be rambunctious, say, "Look, I don't want to be b*tchy, but can you slow it down a bit? Someone is going to get hurt!"

I agree with the other post - being a crabby mom is necessary sometimes, especially when it comes to our little ones safety.
    Anonymous

• Call the cops. I would also tell them playing grab a$$ will lead to your growing tummy and they are too big of idiots to be having babies. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I would start out being nice to them and asking that they watch out for the little ones. If the behaivor continued, then I would become the crabby lady. If it still continued I would either follow them home and talk to the parents, or call the police.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 6:57 PM on Apr. 27, 2009