Baby never stops moving!!!

Ok, so I have a 7 month old. He seems a bit different than other babies, but then again I am not around a lot of babies. Unless he is really tired or sleeping he is always moving. He is always crawling around, standing up, if I hold him he squirms around. I see other babies being held and they are super content. But my little guy squirms the entire time. He won't sit still for any reason, he is always moving and when I hold him he will beat his arms around or his legs, it is like he can't be still. Just wondering if this is normal or if I may have a hyperactive baby. No, I am not trying to label my baby, just wondering if others have babies like this? People don't even like to hold him because the entire time he tries to get away.

expectoct

Asked by expectoct at 9:12 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds completely normal to me. My dd is always like that!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:33 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• You just have an active baby. My LO was the same way, and still never stops running until he goes to bed! Look out for the toddler years!!
    grahamom

Answer by grahamom at 9:35 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• From the time that my little one gets up to the time he goes for a nap or to bed he is moving. He even tried to move around on me and do acrobatics when he was nursing. He is 8 months old and it's totally normal!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 9:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2009