my son spits out cold drinks. He is a year and I am trying to put him on cow's milk. Any ideas??

he drinks some but spits most of it out. I dont know if it is his mouth and his gums or what?

Brimstone08

Asked by Brimstone08 at 9:18 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you tried warming it up a little for him? He just might be sensitive to the feeling of cold. Will he drink any cold drinks (water or juice)? My LO has never drank milk, and only recently started wanting milk on cereal.
    grahamom

Answer by grahamom at 9:33 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Are you going from warm formula (or breast milk) to cold milk? Start cooling his other drink first. Once he's taking it cold, then switch him to milk.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:45 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• If he's used to warm formula, start by warming the cow's milk and every day make it a little less warm until it's served straight from the fridge.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:59 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• He's probably not ready for the cold part. What I do is warm it up in the microwave w/o the nipple part for 15 seconds.
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 10:24 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Uhhh.... Yes a fun part you think your done warming up things when hes a year NOPE!!!! It keeps going... My son 15 months WILL NOT take anything a little cold!!!!
    Dallasmommie

Answer by Dallasmommie at 11:12 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• My son likes his first morning sippy cup of milk warmed. The rest of the day he is good with the cold milk or water. I think he just enjoys that first morning cup...warmed up just like mama likes her coffee...well not close to that hot, but ya know what I mean...LOL
    bamsmama23

Answer by bamsmama23 at 10:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2009