Pain after pleasure???

Now that I am 9 months(35.5weeks), after I have an orgasm I get these really sharp pains in my back (on both sides like kidney or ovary pains) Is this normal? Will this continue until I deliver?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it sounds like you are having braxton hicks. as you orgasm you are contracting. this is one reason why they say to have sex to bring on labor. (and that semen has a natural hormone to induce labor called prostaglandin.) that would be my thought. good luck
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:52 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• You're probably having contractions when that happens. With you being so far into your pregnancy, having sex and send you into labor.
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 10:14 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• this is actually how my hubby and I induced myself. I was 39 weeks pregnant and he was a semi truck driver only home once every other month for about week and half. I had our son the second day he was home but we had sex like three times the first day. By the way the doctor kinda mention we should do so because he didn't want me living by myself pregnant 40 minutes from the hospital.
    ladyluck09

Answer by ladyluck09 at 10:35 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• ejaculation/sperm may cause your cervix to thin out ....also, when you have an orgasm, it releases oxytocin that can cause contractions. some women have gone into labor after sex with orgasms.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:19 PM on Apr. 25, 2009