Is your mil/mother STILL holding a grudge because they weren't allowed to see your baby's birth?

Mines is, and it's been almost a year since I gave birth!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My mommy was in the room and my mil was kicked out for being sick and she is still pi$$ed for not being in the room and its going on 3 years ohh well I didn't want her looking at my coochie anyhow. MIL is more mad that I wouldn't name dd after her or her mom I named dd after me my mom, and my grandma
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:12 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• LOL tell her to get over it
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 9:50 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• My mom's dead..so I'm going to guess no.

My MIL never brought it up and I wouldn't have let her anyway. She does hold other grudges, though.

Why is it that moms and MILs feel they have the right to stand there and stare at your vagina while you try to push a watermelon out? Geez.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:52 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Nope, both were present just after the birth and were just fine with it!
    sweetsea07

Answer by sweetsea07 at 10:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• My MIL asked if she could, and I told her no, she insisted I said what part of Hell No you don't understand, that is a special moment for husband and wife, you have no business being there. She never asked again. I know she is still upset about it but I couldn't care less, it is her problem, I won't make it mine. If you let her be in the delivery room to keep peace that is just a bad, bad precedent and it will back fire you big time, trust me, give them an inch and they will demand a foot. is in their nature, thy can't help it.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 10:11 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Nope. My mom was in the room with my first son, but with my second and third we lived across the country. No one was in the room with me when i had my younger 2 boys since I had an c/s.
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 10:13 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Well, my MIL would never dream of asking me. She knows its not her place to be their. Whereas i asked my mum to be their. Though, im beginning to change my mind as as soon as we come home with the baby it wont be just me and my SO. My sister and my mum will be their and i would like one part of my newborns life to just be me, SO and baby.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 10:14 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I told my mom AND my mil that I wanted them in the room when I gave birth but as the day comes closer, I'm more worried about it. My mom and I don't have the best relationship and I'm afraid I'll yell at her or say something I don't mean if she's in the room with me. Luckily, the hospital I'm delivering at had a baby stolen a few months ago (they got it back and everything is fine) so now they're really stepping up security. I told my mom that it might just be DH allowed in the room with me; she still got offended, but at least it's not my doing. :)
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 10:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I wouldn't have let them in even if I hadn't had c-sections. I feel that is between my husband and myself. It is private (except for the room full of health care professionals!) Our family wasn't there for the conception, and they weren't going to be the for the entry into the world. That was ours alone. Our family didn't ask and we didn't invite.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:37 AM on Apr. 26, 2009