Got the blood test results.....

............yesterday I went and had blood work done along with a HCG test and my doctor called me today and told me it was a low positive BUT it was a POSITIVE!!!!!!!! I worked the rest of my day in complete SHOCK! Can this really be finally happening?????? Then I came home and took a urine pregnancy test just to "see for myself" and there it was TWO LINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!! My doctor wants me to test next week (another blood test to be absolutely sure b/c he said it was a low positive). BUT A POSITIVE is a POSITIVE right??????? I want to tell my mother and mother in law tomorrow etc etc...............should I wait until next week to test again???????? I have so many emotions going through me right now.

BLoNdIe121679

Asked by BLoNdIe121679 at 9:55 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• How exciting for you!
    It sounds like a done deal. :)
    I would wait though to tell your family until you speak with the dr next week just to be sure.
    Congrats!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:58 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I know you are anxious to tell everyone but trust me wait until you know absolutely for sure. I waited until i was in my 2nd trimester. i didn't want to risk anything. but thats just me. well it does sound like you are pregnant and congratulations. it is also fun to have a secret from everyone else. good luck!!!!
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:00 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• He wants me to take another blood test next Thursday/Friday. We've been trying since last year..........I just want to scream it from the roof tops. I am in such denial. I keep thinking...omg this is real? I looked at the HPT like 10 times already. Theres no doubt two lines........the dr said the blood test was 33........but I don't know what that means. He said that would mean 3 to 4 weeks.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 10:01 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• aww congratulations. i would wait also i know you are excited but you want to be absolutley positive right?
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:01 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Aren't two positives enough?? Ahhhh!!!!!!!!
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 10:03 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• congrats
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:21 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• If your that excited about it .. then YES tell them... also tell them about taken another text this next week exsplain that to them as well .. they too will probley be excited with you. Congratulations and Best of Luck!!
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 10:40 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• congrats but i would wait till about 10 weeks to tell people. just to make sure everyting goes ok and that its gonna stick. you don't want to tell people and then something go wrong. well congrats again keep sending baby dust my way. still trying
    zimmtobe

Answer by zimmtobe at 11:38 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• A positive is a positive. Shout it from the rooftops!
    stassy77

Answer by stassy77 at 4:29 PM on May. 8, 2009