How do I handle this?

There is this old junky trash can on my street that no one has claimed. This one neighbor keeps putting it in my yard because it looks trashy sitting out on the curb in front of her house. It's not mine, so I keep putting it back out on the curb so I can call the trash company on Monday and have them come and pick it up. Every time this woman sees me outside she starts screaming at me at the top of her lungs. I don't even have the chance to tell her that it isn't mine and that the company should be coming to get it soon! I don't know what to do because if the can isn't on the curb the company won't take it. And I am getting really tired of her coming onto my property to put the can back! Getting screamed at in my own yard isn't fun either!

jamesmommy12

Asked by jamesmommy12 at 10:00 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in About CafeMom

• put a note on it :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:05 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Knock on her door and tell her the deal! Good luck!
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 10:02 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Ya gotta do something or you're gonna be stuck with a nasty garbage can.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 10:06 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• After being screamed at, frankly, I would scream the answer right back at her. Are you putting it on the curb in front of your house? Sorry you have a loony neighbor.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:08 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• It may sound childish, but I would just put my fingers in my ears and scream the answer back at her as loud as possible. :)
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:31 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• spray paint " Being PIcked up Monday on it " LOL maybe she'll get the answer
    No honestly I would just wait till Monday Morning and go back and put the can back out there to be picked up. Just one more day .. good luck ( Don't get mad and hit her with it .. that won't help ..jk)
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 10:50 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I would put a polite note either on the can or on her door. You can't reason with a rude person and yelling back is only going to make her a much more cranky and annoying neighbor so just leave a note saying that it isn't your can and you'd appreciate it if she'd stop putting it on your property. That you took it upon yourself to do her the favor of having it removed on Monday since obviously it was bothering her. You'll make her look like an ass and make yourself look super sweet. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Anyone who came onto my property repeatedly to put garbage in it would have the cops called on them.

Her behavior is unacceptable. Even if that were your garbage can it is not her right to do that. Leave a note for her that says that the can is not yours, it is waiting to be removed, and if she continues harassing you, or coming onto your property she will be getting a knock on the door from the cops...
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 4:06 AM on Apr. 26, 2009