at what age did you start your baby on cereal?

My pediatrician said I can start my 4 month old, but i read that the later one starts the better it is...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• your baby will let you know when they are ready to eat cereal. if she can sit up and keep her head up then she is ready to eat. 4 months is a little early(for me anyway) i think around 5 1/2 to 6 months would be good. i started my daughter a week before she was 6 months. and she is a really good eater now.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:25 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• The AAP says no solids til at LEAST months. The longer you wait the better. Cereal isn't good for them anyway. When you start solids, start with something natural. Not iron fortified flakes of junk and preservatives.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 10:31 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• cereal is good for the baby. and they have recently added dha and ara to the cereals. you don't have to start your children on organic foods. screw that. feed that baby what ever you want to.
    Anonymous

• i started at 3 months with my first it was in his bottle
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 10:39 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• now i was always told by my nutritionist and my pedi. to never put cereal in the bottle because(and i don't know why or how) it can cause ear infections and upset stomachs. talk with your ped. or nutritionist about cereal in the bottle thing. and i am not saying that lacrisha did anything wrong. it maybe different where she lives. a lot of people tell me where they live it is okay??? I don't know but here in Va they don't want cereal in bottles. good luck
    Anonymous

Cereal is not good for babies. Neither is that fake and PROVEN HARMFUL DHA/ARA they put in it. (do a little research, you'll find out) No one said anything about organic. Just natural. Like veggies. Cereal isn't. Feeding a baby whatever YOU want is very unfair to the baby that has to live with it. You should never put cereal in a bottle. Everyone knows that.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 10:48 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• well give me a website to go to so i can see for myself how bad cereal is for babies because i just googled it and i do not see a link anywhere where it says it is bad for babies.
    Anonymous

• I belive my son was 3 months. He was almost crawling then!!!!
    Dallasmommie

Answer by Dallasmommie at 11:06 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• There have been studies that have shown that if you give it before 3 months and after 7 months it increases chances of diabetes.....its good around 6 months to teach them how to swallow but NEVER put it in a bottle thats a good way to get them to choke...you really don't need it at all. it's just empty calories.
    Anonymous

• http://www.drgreene.com/21_1690.html
    Anonymous