excessive sweating

Does anyone else have this problem? Years ago i got a prescription for aluminum chloride to help but it seems to only help for a little... i dont know what else to do and i cant afford botox. Oh and BTW i even sweat when i am freezing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Health

• botox is usually the next step...but like you said it's really expensive try to google hyperhidrosis treatment & see if you find anything ...
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:30 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• its either menapause or anxiety attacks.
    botox wont help with sweating, botox is just to remove your wrinkles. I suggest just take as many bath's as you can and get into the pool too or get wet with the water hose as you play with yoiur kid, thats what I do.
    bettyboob83

Answer by bettyboob83 at 10:58 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• actuallt betty, it's not always from menapause or anxiety, there is a real conditon called hyperhidrosis, it can affect men or women, and yes, botox does work, it's not just for wrinkles, what it does is temporarily paralize the sweat gland.... i used to be a dermatology nurse so i know what i'm talking about
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:01 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• thx josiesmommy. I am only 20 i know i am not going through menopause and i do not have anxiety. I have delt with this since i was 8 years old and i cant wear many colored shirts in fear of people noticeing my "problem"
    Anonymous

• i hope you find something that works, the aluminum chloride usually works but in cases like yours docs like to go with botox. good luck!
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:41 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• wow okay I didnt know botox can paralyze the sweat gland. but careful because it can paralyze yoiur whole face to like it did to priscilla presley;/
    bettyboob83

Answer by bettyboob83 at 4:23 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• lol betty, not if they do it right
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:52 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Have you had your thyroid checked?
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 26, 2009