Is it just me, or has a Large pizza gotten much smaller over the years?

I just ordered a large pizza from Pizza Hut just now, and I've noticed lately, that the Large kinda looks like how a medium used to look years back. I dunno if pizza's have been shrinking or if maybe it's just me growing up? (Ya know how everything looked so big when you were little)

Anyway, I'm pretty sure they're shrinking.. and I think it's a rip-off... 5.99 for a large isn't a good deal, it's more like a fair deal...

BatGirl1415

Asked by BatGirl1415 at 10:54 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Everything is smaller. I notice the burritos from Taco Bell are more like taquitos compared to the size I remember from my childhood.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 10:55 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Yepp I noticed it the other day too. The small is literally 1 or 2 pieces bigger than a personal pan pizza now, the medium looks like the old small, and the large looks like the old medium. We used to get 2 medium pizzas for my family and have left overs now we can EASILY eat 2 larges between all of us.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• lol yeah i truly understand your point and im pregnant so i want everything as big as it can get which means spending alot of money for nothing
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• haha that is hilarious (the taquito thing)
    but I totally agree with you, and I know my husband does as well. I know we are by no means fat people, and we can totally scarf down a large pizza between the two of us (which leaves none for our son-ooops!!) so 2 pizza's for a family of like 2 1/3?? Really?? No, they are definately making pizza's smaller so you have to buy more. And did you notice that some places have a new size? Xtra Large? What is that??
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 10:59 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• They are even making the plates smaller at the restaurants. ITS effecting everyone and everything.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 11:00 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Yes, it shrunk, that is why we order from the Ma and Pa pizza shop up the street. You really get more delicious pizza for your buck!!!
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 11:07 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Now I am hungry for pizza!!! Thanks...LOL
    mamofive

• Everything is getting smaller. We ordered Dominos today, but the large looked pretty big to us. Even their new bread bowl pasta looked small in the pic, but I got really full halfway through it. Try Dominos next time.
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 11:08 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Damn you all . . . now my mouth is watering for some pizza!!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I was actually gonna order Dominos but for whatever stupid reason the one near me wasn't delivering... even though they've delivered here before... maybe they lost employees or something..
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 11:22 PM on Apr. 25, 2009