My baby keeps falling, can she get brain damage?!

My baby is 6 mnths and is crawling, sitting, scooting all over the place, but we have tile floors throughout the house. I got her a alphabet mat but she crawls off it all the time. She still falls backwards when sitting every once in a while (maybe once or twice every other day) onto the tile floor and hits her head. Is this going to cause her serious damage? I watch her all the time but I can't always catch her from falling.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she should be find. try to line your floor with blankets. just make sure you don't slip on them. or maybe consider rugs. i would put an area rug down where she plays. but no i don't think she will get brain damage. just watch for bumps or bruising. witch hazel helps with bruising and pain. good luck
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:14 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Doctors say you need to protect your baby from falls greater than their height. For instance, if she were on top of a table and fell off it onto her head.

Just bumping is painful, though. I went to www.onestepahead.com and got a little soft fabric padded helmet for my son when he was learning to walk. If she will keep it on, you might try that.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:16 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• It's painful and I'd deff watch her a bit after she hits her head but I'm sure she will be fine. My LO does this all the time.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 12:02 AM on Apr. 26, 2009