• In the Spotlight:

when you mommies take ur kids to the park to play

and u see some older kids playing not so nice,there are always those kids around what if they hit your kid by not playing so safe,would you hit someone elses kid ???to defend yours???is that right?i get really irate and possibly want to hit somones kid.WHy do i feel this way????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• Mama Bear instinct.

It's best to move your child on to another playground if this happens often at the one you're going to.

Don't touch someone else's kid...
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:33 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• you feel that way b/c its your kid. i wouldn't hit someone elses kid, but if they actually hit mine i sure as hell would give them a long loud cussing session. after which i'd ask where the he** they lived so i could follow them home and talk to their parents...i hate older kids playing and not paying attention to the little ones the park is for the little ones not the older ones
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:33 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• i think its normal to get really PISSED if another child did that to your child but dont hit them lol :) i would go tell the parent and let them know they are playing very rough.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:35 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I would never hurt or touch another child (even if I felt like it!). Most of the time I ask the kids where there mom is at and I let the mom know of what is going on. I only do this if the child is really hurting someone (my child or not).
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:36 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• it is not right to hit someone elses kid. i wouldn't cuss someone elses kid either. my gosh. i would talk to the other child and explain that i did not like him hitting my child and talk to the parents about it. i mean come on. would you want someone coming up to your kid and getting in their face cussing at them or hitting them just because they hit your child, come on. they are kids.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:37 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• ur right timeless,i dont know what im thinkin i will move my kids somewhere else to play.before the ugly comes out and i would never want it to happen with my children around.thanks for your
    honest answer.
    Anonymous

• I would never hit any one's child. I would find the bratty child's mom and hit her if she didn't do something about it. I never understood why moms don't play with their kids at the park. I am in my 40s and play with my child and the other kids. The younger moms who claim I am too old to have children sit on their quickly growing rear ends and ignore their children. Their kids are typically the ones being brats and I will tell them to do something. They role their eyes and smack their gum then drag their feet and say "don't do that". Then roll their eyes again and complain about the hangover they have from getting S*&t faced the night before. The kid gets rude again and I just instruct my son to ignore him and play with someone else usually the child of another older mom who plays with her child. I would not hit the child but usually want to punch the half wit mommy.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I would tell their parents that I do not appreciate it. If they do nothing then I would make a big stink of it until they left. I do not tolerate bullies or parents that let their kids get away with anything.JMO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• if their parents do not step in. I would say something to their parents. I would remove my child from the situation and speak very loudly about mean/rude kids and how some parents shouldn't be allowed to have kids if they can't watch them.( that is if the parent didn't do anything to help the matter) and the whole time I would glare at them. But that is just me.lol
    ladyluck09

Answer by ladyluck09 at 1:03 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• anon 11:04 should get best answer!! but but she is anon...she can't...however she has nailed it all on the head!!
    It is normal to go into full force when our child is seemingly in danger....however it is not ok to hit,spank,smack or jump another persons kid!!!!....we as parents need to deal with the parents of the little monsters. or walk away silently...
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:03 AM on Apr. 26, 2009