Trinity

I have been reading my Bible a lot lately and can not get a suitable answer from my preacher, so maybe you can help. If God & Jesus are the same (The Trinity) who was Jesus talking to in:
Matthew 26:39: And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."
Or Matthew 27:46: And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
And what about Philippians 2:9-119Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

To me this says they are seperate

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I agree with hannahwill - I'm a Unitarian, in the sense that I reject the concept of the trinity - to me Jesus was subservient to God, and the WAY to God, not God incarnate.
    Plus, the concept of the trinity wasn't indoctrinated until waaay after Jesus' crucifixion....
    But, that's just me.
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:12 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Jesus was fully man and fully God. It is the man who is speaking in these passages.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:38 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• i agree i think that Jesus, God and the Holy Ghost are three seperate but stand for the same good in symbolism of the trinity
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 11:40 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• they are separate, Jesus is God's son. That's why I think in matthew or the chapters in the end of the bible, it says "Not even his son Jesus will know when that time will come" (not even jesus knows the day the world will end only God) The trinity is suppose to be God, Jesus and the Holy spirit. Three in one, but they aren't all the same thing.. how to explain that one? No idea :S
    WeLuvOurNUGGET

Answer by WeLuvOurNUGGET at 11:41 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• So if Jesus is God why does he say that God is greater then he is?“The Father is greater than I.”—John 14:28,
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 12:07 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I personally believe Jesus, God and the Holy Ghost are one in purpose, manner, testimony, and in mission, but not united as in being one being who takes on 3 forms.
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 12:17 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Just one of the many reasons I know Jesus isn't God...JMO of course. I believe God is indivisible.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 12:38 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• soccerchik's answer was good, too!
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:13 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I agree, that's what I too believe, Jesus and God are one in purpose but not one in the same.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 1:16 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• what a crock of horse shit this religion is lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Apr. 26, 2009