Am I wrong?

My SOs grandma is young..She's only about 54 and she's the drama queen type of lady..When she used to talk to me all she would talk about was her problems (things you just wouldnt normally tell people), talk crap about everyone else and just try to get me to feel sorry for her. I'm sorry but I refuse to feel sorry for someone who is in NO WAY trying to fix her problems. One day, she just stopped talking to me, she won't look at me when she sees me and she talks about me behind my back. My SOs mom is throwing me a babyshower and his grandma seems to think its her job to take it over. Honestly, I don't want anything from her and my SO feels the exact same way as i do. I don't want her near my child ESPECIALLY unattended after I saw her hit and scream at one of her grandchildren who is only like 8. I have no respect for this women after the things she said about me but I won't be disrespectful to her. CONT.

Marix3

Asked by Marix3 at 11:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• i would say no since your SO feels the same way you do. as for her trying to take over the shower, can you maybe get him or his mom to talk to her? say that your mom and his mom are throwing it, but they appreciate the fact that she wants to help?
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:46 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• the whole thing about the babyshower is my mom is helping too. My mom wants to get a custom made cake that costs about $300 and his grandma told me one day "no, tell her i'll get the cake and i'll take care of everything else"..that was a huge slap in MY face and my moms and now she wants to talk to my mom about babyshower things and my mom won't talk to her. I just dont want her helping with the babyshower which she wasn't originally helping with anyways. Too be honest, I would be the HAPPIEST girl ever if she didnt even show up. She doesn't show up for anything but my SO told me if she does show up, and brings a cake, its going to mysteriously fall on the ground. I guess my question is, am i wrong for feeling this way? Not wanting her helping with my babyshower and not wanting her around my child? I don't want to seem selfish, I'm just tired of her treating me and him the way she does.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 11:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I would feel the same as you.

"Treat others as you want to be treated"
    Anonymous