question about diaphrams

I just got a diaphram and my doctor raught me how to use it and I could put it in and take it out. Well the first time I used it at hom, after we had sex I had trouble getting it out, luckily my husband was able to get it out. Did I do something wrong? Is is possible to put it on upside down?

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 12:16 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Health

• I haven't had one in years but I don't think you can put it in incorrectly. I remember having some difficulty at first. I believe you are supposed to leave it in several hours after intercourse too. I could be wrong but seem to remember that being stressed by my doctor. Hope this is somewhat helpful!
    PassionateIam

Answer by PassionateIam at 12:22 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• can someone plz tell me what a diaphram is? in a msg.
    hottmama2023

Answer by hottmama2023 at 2:02 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I don't think it matters if it is upside down. The best way to get it out is to "bear down", and loop your finger around the ring (keep that fingernail short so you don't poke a hole). Be sure to hold it up to the light after it dries and before you put the spermicide on it the next time that you use it.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:53 PM on Apr. 26, 2009