Who is your biggest religious inspirations and why?

Did someone inspire you to the faith you are in? Is it who the faith is about? What lead you to your beliefs?All faiths welcome.Please no bashing.This is supposed to be a enjoyable post where we can all share,and learn about one another.Thank you.

mo2a27

Asked by mo2a27 at 12:33 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 1 (-6 Credits)
  • Before I go to bed, I would like to share mine.
    God had proved he is real to me all through out my life.
    Learning about God and Jesus has inspired me to become a better person, and to live a truly fulfilling life. Thank you ladies for answering my post.Good night and God bless.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 12:38 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Not really. I basically started with things that intrigued me and went from there.
    Ive always had an interest in metaphysical things but never pursued them because it wasnt exactly the right thing to do according to my beliefs(at the time) and so I put them on the backburner of my mind and figured when the time was right God would answer my questions about them,etc.

They did get answered.

No one person or persons inspired me though, its all been things Ive had questions about and searched for the answers.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:39 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Did someone inspire you to the faith you are in? Nope. I had a personal enlightenment.

Is it who the faith is about? Nope.

What lead you to your beliefs? My own desire for the truth and God.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 12:47 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Mo, this is a really good question! I love what I've seen from you the last few days, and this question is great!!!
    I personally was brought up in the faith - at four I was baptized Catholic, and then when I was 7 (and my mother remarried) we started going to his Pentecostal church, and then I started singing in a choir that did services at both a Presbyterian church and a Methodist church, and my mother liked the Methodist church so much that we joined. I've visited a lot of Baptist churches and married a Pentecostal, too, lol.
    My mother, though, really did a lot for my faith, raising me to always question and to believe only if I was truly convicted. Her open mind and acceptance led to both my brother and myself looking into other religions, firstly out of curiosity and wanting to understand, and then out of insatiable interest. I'm still studying as much as I can about every religion - cont...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:19 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• and i know that without my mother's open-ness and encouragement to find our own understanding I would have never found myself on the Christian Universalist path, lol.
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:20 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• but i've always felt a strong relationship with God, and always felt drawn to the church - which is probably why i was so involved growing up (i did everything but preach, lol - helped with the childrens church and the childrens choir, and even the confirmation class, and played offertory solos, helped with baptisms, acolyte, reading scripture, on the council, and on and on....), and i know that God has been grooming me my whole life to fulfill His purpose for me - to share His love with everyone, and to minister to all who will hear me.
    =D
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:23 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• The person who inspired me was my dad. I grew up in the ministry and watching and hearing my dad teach. More than anything that he said, it was how he lived. As he got older, he really began to seek God and began to make it work in his life. THATS what gets peoples attention. When a person is really walking what they talk. His life is how I know I can do it and me relationship with God is what its about. I did have some trouble separating my faith from my parents faith......but I think I did a pretty good job of finding God on my own. He could only steer me, he couldnt do it for me and same for my kids. I can't push it on them or down them. Its up to them to decide. My job is to walk it out in front of them so they know that it works.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:53 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I don't know if you could call it inspiration or not...

My parents allowed and encouraged me to find my own path, no matter where it lead.  When I came upon Paganism I immediately knew I was "home" so to speak.  I felt at peace but was afraid of the reaction I would get from my parents. 

They learned with me.  Everything I read, they read.  They would look information up for me.  They were proud of me for finding my own way and not just taking the popular route because it was more accepted.  They would tell others that I was Pagan (when it came up) without hesitation, fear or embarrassment in their voice.  The defended my beliefs against ignorance even though we did not share the same beliefs.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 8:09 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• All of these are very good I hope you will help inspire more people to share their story.
    God please you all and thank you for sharing.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 4:17 PM on Apr. 26, 2009