Is it wrong to want to be free, just to be me?

i'm a step-mother and i love my step children, but the youngest is just pushing so many wrong buttons and his father isn't doing much better. my middle step child pointed out a little fact that i over looked, when i was in one of those leave me the hell alone moods. he made me realize that, this isn't me, that this wasn't the person i truely am. i've always taken everything like a relaxing joke or just them being them, but now, i just want to be free of them and have some time to being me, again. i want a night out with friends, family, or my husband, before i have to face them again, is that wrong?

sherlockhlm

Asked by sherlockhlm at 12:35 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• I think it is a little bit...you knew what you were getting into when you got married, if you werent ready you should have waited...sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I think your problem is you havent had time for yourself in a long ass time, and thats probably why you are feeling this way, dont feel bad just take a night out with the girls you need it
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 12:41 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Everyone needs time for themselves or they'll go crazy. I feel like that in general. I live with 6 other people and theres times when I just want to leave & never come back. I think you should definately go out, have fun, do things YOU want to do and not feel bad about it at all. I don't think you're wrong for feeling that way.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 12:46 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• i feel the same way. in fact i feel the person who answered anonymously was entirely wrong to say its wrong to want to get away. NO ONE know what theyre getting into before marriage because people are more likely to show theyre true person afterwards. its stressful for you obviously, and you deserve to get away. dont worry, its not wrong. plenty of women do it. i wish i could! :)
    pish0601

Answer by pish0601 at 12:50 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• no but why would you think you couldn't have those "me " times?

Answer by admckenzie at 12:51 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• thanks a lot even to teh one that thinks it's wrong, i get her point, i didn't know what i was getting into, but he was actually getting better until his mother started to brain washing him. in fact, as bad as it gets i miss them all, and my youngest is being immature for his age, worse rather then better then how he was. thank you and i'm going to have to figure out how to just get out for a night, before next weekend, i know when his mother finally gets over the fact that i married his father he may get to have his own opinion of me, and that is something i can handle much better then i can how he is now. THANX
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 12:59 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• its not weird its called vacation/spa time
    LotusBlossom21

Answer by LotusBlossom21 at 1:07 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• To the anonymous poster: I understand what you're trying to say, but you would have to know all to judge like that. I must admit that my husband admits to tricking me when we first got together. And he lasted like that for quite awhile so I thought it was the true him....boy was I wroooong. I still love him, don't get me wrong...it's just everyone is capable of getting fooled. And you never are prepared for when the DH decides it's your job to do EVERYTHING, including fully try and take care of kids who may still feel regret over their dad marrying some one else. I commend the poster for taking on the huge and scary task of marrying a man who already has kids. Now poster...GO GET SOME MEH TIME!!!! call me and I'll see if we can do somfin, lady!!!!
    Waiting4Oct.10

Answer by Waiting4Oct.10 at 6:25 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I think whether it's your step kids, or your bio kids, everyone gets overwhelmed at times. Everyone needs a break now and then. You do need to have some time with your dh alone. Try to set that up. It'd really do you a world of good, and also the kids, because then you'd have more patience.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 8:22 PM on Apr. 26, 2009