What newer movies that are out now are worth watching?

I haven't rented movies in a while and I need to start using my netflix. What are some good family friendly movies out right now? (for an 11 yr old) If you have adult movie suggestions I'll take them too.

Neecee66

Asked by Neecee66 at 12:41 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Entertainment

• Just watched 7 pounds, awesome movie, and our 12 yr old just watched The Punisher, and said it was the best movies he's ever seen! (He is 12, lol)
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 12:44 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• City of Ember. Great movie!!! Yes Man was also a good movie, but Im not 100% if an 11 year old would get it.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 12:51 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Hotel for Dogs comes out on Tuesday and it was pretty funny, so is Bedtime Stories, but those are the only ones I can think of that I would consider family friendly
    As for adults, Twilight, Australia (I LOVED that but it's very long), The Rocker and Swing Vote are pretty good
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 2:13 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Depends on what you like. I watched Boy and the Striped pajamas. That one was done well, if you like drama. For the most part Marley and Me was good.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 7:45 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Yes Man was OK. I expected it to be funnier. We just got Bedtime Stories and it looks good but we haven't watched it yet.

A movie for older teens or adults, Charlie Bartlett was really good. Not what I was expecting but surprisingly good.

MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 5:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Hotel for Dogs was a really cute movie, my whole family liked it.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 9:19 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• We have recently seen, Marly and me, Seven Pounds, bedtime stories. Those were pretty good!! I can't wait until Bride Wars comes out!!
    Annette4797

Answer by Annette4797 at 9:45 PM on Apr. 26, 2009