What to do about my relationship?

Me and my boyfriend have a 6 month old son together, but I don't know if staying with him for our baby's sake is doing either of us any good. We fight all the time about the stupidest things, and he's not treating me like he used to. He's not violent, and he's never hit me. All I do all day is cry and think he will maybe change. Every now and then I get really upset and talk to him about it, and he's sweet and nice for a day or two, but after that he goes back to his old ways. He also NEVER helps with the baby other than money-wise. And if I ask him to, he gets pissed off at me like it's my fault I can't handle doing everything. Also, we've had problems in the past. We ended our relationship and got along better, and we continued to be together and had plans of getting married, but I don't know if I can be with someone who makes me feel this way and can't even help take care of our baby or the house. HELP!!

pish0601

Asked by pish0601 at 12:46 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• ALL I GOT TO SAY IS FOLLOW YOUR HEART,,IF YOU BELIEVE THINGS MAY WORK OUT THEN STICK AROUND AND TRY TO WORK THINGS OUT..IF YOUR FEELINGS ARE MORE ON THE DOWN SIDE OF THINGS THEN END IT NOW AND ATLEAST TRY TO BE FRIENDS FOR THE BABIES SAKE..NO MATTER HOW MANY ANSWERS YOU READ ON HERE YOUR GOING TO FOLLOW YOUR OWN HEART ANYWAYS.WHATEVER WAY YOU CHOOSE I WISH YOU AND THE BABY THE BEST OF LUCK..
    TAMMSTWINS

Answer by TAMMSTWINS at 12:43 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• if you aren't happy and hes not willing to work on the relationship, than do not stay together for the sake of your child. as he gets older he will realize that he is the only reason you are together and no kid wants that
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:49 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Being together for the baby's sake is where the relationship goes bad. If you aren't together for love, you shouldn't be together. If he's treating you that way I think the best thing for you to do is leave him. I would rather my child have a mom and dad not together but still have both in their life then have mom and dad together unhappily. All it does is provide a hostile and unhappy environment for them. Good luck.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 12:49 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• He's not ready. Move on. Staying together for the child's sake is not the way to go. The children always suffer from a unhappy home.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 12:49 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I agree with Vmommy, I understand the importance of having both parents involved in the childs life but you need to be happy too, and if you decide to get married i wouldnt do it just cause you have a kid together IMO i think thats why there are so many divorces
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 12:51 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• if you are asking us then you know in your heart the answer to your own question. being with parents that fight isn't good for your son. move on
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 12:53 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I agree. No child should have to grow up in an enviroment with unhappy parents, it will eventually rub off on him... if he is not treating you well, then find someone who does. Good men are out there. Maybe he will step up and be a good father if you are not together. JMO. Good Luck!! :)
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 12:54 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• it sounds like you guys staying together isnt helping the baby either.
    LotusBlossom21

Answer by LotusBlossom21 at 12:59 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• reminds me of my husband's ex wife,a nd i'm going to tell you what i wish i could have told him, you don't have to be together to be a family. if you get alone with him better when you are apart then stay apart. i wish my husband had some brains not to even get involved with his childrens mother because they can't get along at all, she doesn't want to get along, just becasue he left, because she cheated, and that was his way out. as for you, i have to say, i'm happy that you have the brains to find someone that you at least get a long with.
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 1:11 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Ste[ back and leave for a few days. Maybe stay at your moms house or a friends. Make him realize what he is losing by you and your son being gone. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:51 AM on Apr. 26, 2009