Holy Ghost

What denomonations have Holy Ghost filled worship services?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, we are Christian Southern Baptists to be specific and in service we pray for the Holy Spirit to come fill us up and enter our worship. But we dont jump pews or anything ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Some non denominational churches, Assembly of God churches. I'm sure there are more but those are the two I'm really familiar with.
    PassionateIam

Answer by PassionateIam at 12:55 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Mormons have services where you can feel the Holy Spirit.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:58 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I see a LOT of "holy ghost" experiences here in the southern Baptist churches ( I have to go for my job). The people jump around and scream and cry and I have seen women pretend that they are going to throw them self off of the balcony. I was raised Baptist ( in California) and we NEVER would have had that in the church so it is a term used for different meanings. 

Is that the type of "holy spirit" you mean?

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 1:06 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Yes I do mean Holy Spiriy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• pentecostal Church's and non denominational

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:39 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Any denomination that preaches truth. The Holy Spirit gives us the power to obey God's Word, and gives us the desire to do so. I remember visiting the church of a family friend when I was about 8. There was a woman that jumped up and threw herself all around, and finally, through the window. I was so scared! I don't believe the Holy Spirit would make us act like that. The only time you read about someone thrashing about in the Bible is when the person was possessed by a demon.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:50 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I have'nt been to a church yet that did'nt believe in the Holy Spirit. The difference in the denominations is how they permit expression of belief,for example speaking in tongues and other manifestations that are listed in the New Testament . In my experience even within the multitude of denominations each pastor has his own guidelines for his congregation so I call before I attend to be sure my family and I will have some idea what to expect., It can be frightening for children to end up in a service that is flat out wild. My parents traveled all over the U.S. and we used to also that"s why I have been to so many churches. I hope this helps answer your question.
    crazybrush

Answer by crazybrush at 6:56 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Pentecostal, Assembly of God, and some non-denominational churches. I have been to a non-denom that didn't believe in the Holy Spirit though. So you have to be careful.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:52 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I'm Anglican, and we worship the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Holy Trinity, Three-in-One.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 9:33 AM on Apr. 26, 2009