OK what do you think about a girl named Mary Jane?

I dont smoke pot nor does my babys father but we decided if we have a girl we will name her Mary Jane. I just really like it but when I tell people they assume the worst. what do you think? Its just a name but people reed way too much into it so PLEASE be nice.

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 12:55 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My daughter is named MaryJane. Nobody has ever assumed it means anything other than her name, it's cool, it's a great name!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:53 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• i dont think anything of it actually. :) name your child what you want to name her! :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:55 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I'm afraid I don't like it... It's an old fashioned name, and I love those but I just think she would get a lot of trouble for it in school... Kids can be really cruel..
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 12:56 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I have a friend who named her daughter Mary Jane. She's never smoked pot in her life and just laughs it off when people make the "pot" remarks. Stand your ground and remind people that you and your SO loved the name.
    PassionateIam

Answer by PassionateIam at 12:57 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Its very cute, but you gotta remember, she will be in high school one day. kids will be mean.
    LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 12:57 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I think it is cute and I like the fact that people read into it. If you like the name, go for it!

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 12:58 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I dont think of pot now if you named her something like chronica that would be a different story lol
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 12:59 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Hahah Breezy!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:02 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• LOL when i hear mary jane i think weeeeeeed
    but name her it, it wont do any harm ;D
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 1:10 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• One of my best friend's mom's name is Mary Jane, and I practically lived at their home growing up (ok, not literally, but we were always at each other's houses). Every time I see that name she comes into my mind. I never see it and think of pot. If you like it, go for it.
    sandra1023

Answer by sandra1023 at 1:11 AM on Apr. 26, 2009