I think I'm pregnant but I can't be sure because my husband has had a vasectomy can it be possible?

My period is 6 days late..I have felt very tired and I'm peeing a lot, I have some cramping, I'm bloated and my breasts are very tender and my nipples are dark...So is it possible to be pregnant if my husband has had a vasectomy. He had it done 5 years ago..Please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think it is possible but with VERY VERY slim chances. Do you ever have PMS with those symptoms? The best idea of course is to take a test ASAP.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 1:10 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I found this and I am sure it may help ya'

http://www.webmd.com/sex/birth-control/vasectomy-14387
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 1:12 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• "Vasectomy is a very effective (99.85%) birth control method."

Is what it says.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 1:13 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• my doc told my husband that it it possible for the tubes to rub together or sit together for so long they can grow back together and it will be just like he never had a vasectomy.... so yes it can happen...
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 1:14 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• thats what i felt like at the beginning of my pregnancy, you should take a test
    jak89

Answer by jak89 at 1:18 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• It depends on where you have it done, and what procedure they use. We were stationed in Canada, as part of a NATO exchange program, when my dh had it done, at a civilian hospital there.

He had to go in and get his semen tested every so often to make sure it "took" so to speak. When we came back to the States, the Dr was surprised to hear this, then he looked at his records and stuff on it. Apparently, some places they cut them, and some places they cut them and tie them off (I can't remember exactly how he said they did that, whether it was actually tying them or whether they cauterized them).

My dh's was just cut, which is why he had to be tested so often for so long. The cutting only method is easier to reverse, but has more of a chance (still slim) of repairing itself.

So, you COULD be, and, depending on how his was done, your chances could vary, but they're still slim.

I'd go buy a test to make sure though :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:19 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• It is possible that a vasectomy can grow back, just like a tubal ligation can grow back. The only sure way to know if you're pregnant is to take a pregnancy test. Good luck!

brwneyedgirl314

Answer by brwneyedgirl314 at 2:25 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• oh, it can happen.
    LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 3:40 AM on Apr. 26, 2009