do you think that it is wrong for a mom w/ two healthy girls not want to get pregnant again and try for a boy?

I'm almost 34 yrs old, I have 2 beautiful girls, 6.5 and 2.5. My husband and I have talked about it and right now he is inagreement with me. I just want to know how ya'll feel.

By the way girls run deep in my family on my mom's side, my middle sister has 2 boys and 2 girls and my youngest sis has one of each.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Health

• no,if you and hubby feel your family is complete than it is. if you don't feel that way that its not, all there is to it
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:11 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• why would it be wrong, you're happy with the two you have!
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 1:10 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• The gender of the children has nothing to do with your side of the family . .. just an FYI. If you don't want to have more, you don't want to. That doesn't make you wrong at all.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:21 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• No not wrong at all. I knew a woman that had all boys, she kept trying for a girl, ended up with 6 boys. So, I don't think it is a good idea to keep trying for a certain sex...
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 1:24 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• no, how could it be wring? to not carry on the name? its just a name
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 2:03 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Why would it be wrong? If it were "wrong", then that would sort of be like saying that your girls were a disappointment to you, because they weren't boys (or at least, one of them wasn't).

You're saying you have children that you love, and you and your dh are happy with your family as it is. There's nothing wrong with that.

btw - there isn't any guarantee that you would EVER have a boy - we were stationed with a family that had 7 boys, no girls. Just "luck of the draw" so to speak...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:46 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• if you are happy with the children you have now why is it wrong. I dont see anything wrong with it.
    zacharysmommie2

Answer by zacharysmommie2 at 3:10 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• A man's semen makeup determines the sex of a child, not your family history. The question of having another child should really depend on whether your finances can handle the costs, housing, and educations costs that you'll incur.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 3:42 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Not wrong at all. You are the one who is going to get pregnant for 10 months, give birth, feed, change and deal with the brag( may be) later on. Think x 10 times before another one esp. you are happy with 2/
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 8:31 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I don't think it's wrong. In fact, I have a son right now and would prefer to have another boy when we get pregant again. I have all the clothes and am now used to having a boy and all the wonderful things that go with them (mind you he's only 11 months, so I'm sure I have A LOT more to experience, LOL).
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:10 AM on Apr. 26, 2009