swine flu im scared

My husband works with people who live in mexico, but they work in the us. It's the military, I am worried that they might have been exposed to this and give it to my husband and he could pass it on to our kids... We odn't really go outside or to the parks so no risk there but how likely is the chance he could bring this home? I have a 6 month old and a two year old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Health

• Ignore the idiot who says its 'racist hysteria', she obviously doesnt get that the flu is coming FROM Mexico.

Anyways, its not a huge epidemic so dont worry about it. Keep washing your hands, have him changes his clothes and wash up once he gets home too. If he happens to get sick from a cold, flu, whatever just make sure hes washing hands and not kissing all over the kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Ther's a chance you could get it at the grocery store. There's a chance that your husband could get it, even if he worked around white people from America. People other than Mexicans carry diseases as well. Stop this racist hysteria created by the media!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Another thing to add to the "hand washing" and "covering your mouth when you cough", is to also keep good food in the diet. Help the body build strength. Junk and poor calorie choices break the body down and it cannot fight common illnesses. Drink plenty of water, get sunshine and fresh air, wash hands over and over again, keep common surfaces clean and EAT well. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 1:55 AM on Apr. 26, 2009