cloth diaper...HELP.

I want to use cloth diapers with my second child, and I am a little clueless...

Are they one size fits all?
How many do I need?
Do they need anything over them?
Please any information would be VERY much appriciated!!!

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 1:23 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have no idea, personally im disgusted by them, but than again i dont have a washer that i can just throw them in the wash when used I only have em just in case but doubt i will ever get to that point. I guess google it or something
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 1:38 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• okay well this is what i know.... you need about 24 to start, about 2/3rds of them fitted the rest one size fits all....

you're going to have to keep buying the fitteds though as your child gets heavier... i plan to CD also with my next child
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:43 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• JOIN A CD GROUP! Or PM me! You don't need that many. I only have about 15.
    ronisaurus

Answer by ronisaurus at 1:49 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• They do have a few one size diapers out there but I hate those. I don't like all the snaps. My baby has about 25 diapers. I wish every 1-2 days. I don't use fitteds at all, I find that when a baby pees in those it gets on every part of their skin the diaper covers instead of staying where it should. I use pocket diapers mostly(fuzzi bunz) and some covers and prefolds. My toddler has lots of diapersbut most aren't used right now. I've been CDing for 2 years and he's been in the same size for most of that time. He uses only about 5-6 in a day. If you use prefolds you have to use a cover with thm. pocket diapers don't need anything to cover them. If you have any questions, PM me :-)
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:12 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• My mom used cloth diapers for all of us and has shown me how with my daughter 1st Yes you need rubber pants for over them! If you want to wash constantly just buy a few doz. my mom has tons because she doubled and tripled up as we all got alder for the amount of urine increases. If I were you I would call a diaper service and try it for a few weeks. to see how they work for you. They pick up deliver and clean them!! They are one size fits all if they are flat pre folded You just flod them down to fit the baby Oh you need diaper pins too. the diaper service as a coming home from the hospital present is a wonderful gift!!
    littlemomma91

Answer by littlemomma91 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 26, 2009