Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CPS rights for other moms

i'll get right to the friend is getting the cops called on her multiple times a week, with false claims of child abuse, they never find anything on this kid, hes well fed, well mentaly stimulated, clean etc she is to the point where she is letting a friend take her kid for her so the police dont have to strip him, check his butt and all other things a few times a week, she is spending the days crying because she doesnt want to put her kid threw this, and "can't" have him home with her, her husband has lugarics needs help with going to bathroom eating etc. so she can't move from her apartment right now, is there anything that she can do to stop these claims against her? and the violation of her son? i know cps and cops must check these claims out, but it seems so unfair that she cant even live with her own baby because of what others think of her, i think this is a personal thing against her, not for abuse.

Answer Question

Asked by kyliebugs_mommy at 1:32 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 3 (23 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • you would think she could talk to cps and the police, if they are getting repeat calls from the same person is the person identifying themselves? maybe she can ask that they try to find out if its the same person and if so if they can do something to the person for the false claims? aside from that i really don't know

    Answer by vabchmommy at 1:37 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

  • the cops can't say if it is the same person or not, but her landlord said its about 2 r 3(i dont remember) people. the cops have told her that they have to come check the situation out regardless. it just seems so unfair she cant have her family together as her husband dies. she shouldnt have to go threw this. i really want to help her.

    Answer by kyliebugs_mommy at 1:59 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

  • when they get 3 false claims, CPS will turn around and investigate who is making the claims

    Answer by ZaTa at 9:20 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

  • I really don't think there is anything she can do but if she removes the child from the house, it may make her look guilty. Also, I doubt CPS is going to investigate who is calling, especially if they are calling anon. CPS has too many cases where kids and families really need their help, they aren't going to spend the time investigating a caller. I am really sorry your friend is going through this, it is just unfair ontop of everything else she has to deal with. If the landlord knows that 2 or 3 people are calling, he may have an idea of who it is.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:44 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

  • If there are multiple calls a week she needs to talk to CPS about getting a caseworker who comes in once a month to check out the situation. As long as she has an open case, and everything is found to be fine, there is nothing they can do! If she works WITH CPS they can help her... I've had calls on me before (crazy ex) and came to agreements like that.

    Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 1:18 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.