Would you buy clothes online?

I'm thinking about opening a online second hand store with name brand clothing. My mom thinks people won't but it because you won't know how they fit. So my question is would you buy online second hand clothing? Please be honest, I don't want to waste my time if no one buys online.

xllljesslllx

Asked by xllljesslllx at 1:33 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Shopping

• not unless it was local and i could return w/in a certain period of time. otherwise i wouldn't want to waste money, now if it was for my daughter, that is diff shes 3 so its fairly easy to make sure things fit. so maybe second hand clothes for kids?
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:34 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• That's what I was going to say, Kid's clothes would be better. Because I know with myself, different brands fit me differently, so I wouldn't want to buy something unless I knew for sure that it would fit.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 1:39 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• people buy clothes online all the time! i would, but would have to have alot of detailed pics of each item, such as all angles, to make sure no tears or stains etc, well detailed info about each item, also good gaurntees and return policies, which doing all that would take a long time to document, and alot of employees for maintaining if got alot of sales. i think its a good idea though!
    kyliebugs_mommy

Answer by kyliebugs_mommy at 1:40 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• As long as it was affordable with shipping included and I wouldn't buy my clothes secondhand but I would for my daughter.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 1:42 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I agree. I'm a hard to fit size so I rarely do unless its from brands that I usually wear and know how they fit me. It might be a headache dealing with returns unless you do a no returns policy which might hender business. Thats something you'd probably just have to work on. Are they clothes that you already have or would you buy them from other people to resell? If you market it well you might do well. As for children's clothing I would do so and I would rebuy constantly but make sure they're clean and have no nasty odors (a la Goodwill scented) when you ship to to ensure repeat business. Good luck sweetie. Post your website on here if you do set it up!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I have. You need to post the size that is on the pants and shorts and then also post the measurements of the waist and length so that people will know if it will fit. Sometimes what the pants and shorts say is the waist is differant then what you get whne you measure. Other wise go ahead. Also please be sure to have name brand only. I am somewhat of a brand monger and sites that claim to have name brand but turn out to have mostly Target and Walmart stuff turns me off. I also hate lee jeans, i don't knwo why but I do.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:47 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• As an avid shopper, my answer is NO. Not second hand clothes. I love consignment and second hand, BUT because its worn and washed, the sizes usually differ from the original. I dont care how name brand it is, it still shrinks. Gymboree doesnt shrink much, but it still does and so does GAP. So with second hand, I have to hold it up, look it over really well. I do sell second hand on ebay and I always describe the items well because of that. I would buy new clothes online for sure. I was wanting to open a second hand name brand store too. Theres one about an hour from me that does WELL. Its a good idea, but I need money to make it work.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:01 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I would. People who look for name brand, they know the brand well because it fits them well. they know the sizes and style, so i think it is a good idea!
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 8:24 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Yes but it would have to be a reasonable price because if it doesn't fit returning it makes it no longer worth while. For the amount you'd pay to ship it 2-3 times(to return it), plus the cost of the item I could probably get it new.. shipping it once is ok.. shipping it twice means I've screwed myself out of something that I would actually have the ablility to try on and know it might last longer. Make sure you go into detail about the size, measurements, conditions etc. I'm a huge fan of used stuff but that is the biggest problem. For instance, I bought a toy for $20+shipping on ebay=$30-35 total. The toy shows up broken, seller then suggests I send the toy back so she can send me an identical one.. so you want me to pay to ship this toy 3 times? So I can pay close to $40 in addition to the $20 toy.. which would have cost $35 new?? See what I mean?

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 8:27 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I should clarify, the seller I referred to wanted me to allow her to make good on her sale, which I don't have a problem with in theory, but I had happened to run into a neighbor throwing out the identical toy and hubs said he'd take them apart and repair one of them. So my need to have it replaced was no longer there, and I wasn't about to pay double the cost of what the toy sells for new when it was a used toy.

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 8:30 AM on Apr. 26, 2009