what can i do to work at home with no start up cost, but get residual income or hourly pay?

Mrs.Zimmerman06

Asked by Mrs.Zimmerman06 at 1:35 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• There will be plenty of offers given to you that will tell you how to make a bazillion dollars but truly, the only people making money at these "at home" jobs are the companies and people getting $5 for every person they sign up.

If you are proven sales person already, there is plenty of sales work, like for Ameriplan, Avon, Tupperware, Vit. companies, Monavie, etc. but I do not recommend any of them. I seen dozens of people of pay their money, work like a dickens and do not make enough money to cover the gas they put in their car. '

Like I said, don't do "sales" of ANY kind unless you've already proven to yourself you can sell AND you have such influence over people that you could convince others to "get into the business" with you.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 2:18 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• If you do find something like that. Don't you think it is too good to be true?

You either have to reach out and pull your face off to ask people to invest their money in order for you to get the commission, or you have to pay to buy the product and resales it. Or , you have to do the promotion to sales the item in order to get pay. For example. a car salesman, they get hourly paid but not enough, that's why they have to please their consumers to buy car to get commission. ( and if you aren't selling enough car, making the quote, sooner or later you are out of the door too )
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 8:22 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• You are asking for something that is almost non-existent. There are some places like ChaCha or West where you can work by the hour, but for some of those you still have to buy like another phone line, or some equipment, of some sort. As far as residual - not gonna happen. Residual income usually has an investment tag attached to it. :) I do affiliate marketing myself, and although you can do it for free, I would highly recommend a small investment into a program to help you - there are a variety of them out there or you can visit my blog HERE for some of my favorites. Good luck!

mtnmom5

Answer by mtnmom5 at 10:34 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Yeah, honestly you won't find a company that has NO start up with a decent residual pay.....and it's even more impossible to find an at home JOB with a paycheck, those that work for a company and earn a paycheck working at home have ususaly been with the company for years.

I do Ambit Energy, there is a higher start up than other companies, it varies from state to state, but it's in the $299 to $429. In all honesty I made the $429 back in 3 weeks with the fast start....And another replier mentioned some join companies and those that make money are the ones getting $5 for every recruit.

What is cool w/Ambit is you earn residual income based on the customers you and your downline helps save money on their electric bill for as long as they are custoemrs (so 20+ years later you can still be getting checks) but you get $100 for every rep you recruit, and $55 for everyone they recruit.......
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:52 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I mostly agree with the other ladies. If you ARE interested in selling, DiamondCreek Candles has no start up cost, and you don't have to buy any inventory or deliver any orders. After your 30 day trial, there is a small monthly fee, as low as $5.
    I do also work for ChaCha, and while I can't promise you a steady hourly pay, I do make at least $100 per month with them. If you'd like any more information, I'd be happy to tell you how either, or both, work.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 10:53 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• ....and those numbers get higher as you go up the ladder. Getting customers is easy, we personally do events and fairs and we get post cards from vista print to canvass the neighborhood. We did about $2,000 last month and we are just under that this month. No Lie! So it IS possible.....so while at the time we had to wait 3 weeks before joining and coming up with the $429, we have made a heck of a lot more and that back!

It's about finding the company for you and sticking with it!

www.WNY.AmbitEnergy.biz & www.WNY.Energy526.com
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:54 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• You won't find any that you'll get residual pay for and not have any fees... That just won't happen. You can find some hourly jobs though.

I have a site with hundreds of job sites listed. All are legit 100%

www.Sabrinas-Closet.info

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:48 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• You can do freelance work (I do freelance bookkeeping) and you can do consulting work (I do job hunting coaching and career coaching). Feel free to contact me any time; I am always happy to help a fellow CafeMom.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I don't make a lot but in my free time I use sites like cashel and cashcrate. I make between the two about 100-200 a month. Not a lot but it is just a little extra money.

ladyluck09

Answer by ladyluck09 at 3:04 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Hey there,

Check out http://workingathomecommunity.blogspot.com/for some good ideas and read the articles to get a feel for the different ideas.

Thanks,

Chris

Howtoaholic

Answer by Howtoaholic at 3:56 PM on Apr. 26, 2009