How much to cook?!

I have to cook baked ziti for 45 adults and 18 kids. There is also going to be hot dogs and burgers and some salads. How much baked ziti should I make?!

ctsassy

Asked by ctsassy at 1:40 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Food & Drink

• That's too general a question. If the total is 45 adults and 18 kids, are you supposing that the majority will eat a portion of the baked ziti as well as the hamb. and hot dogs, too? And why would the menu have baked ziti with hamb. and dogs? That's odd. :)

Is this a dinner where everyone is bringing food, like a picnic or pot luck? That would make a diff. in the amount you would supply.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 2:05 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I would make at least three large pans. Kids tend to want burgers and hotdogs.
    Yellowrose9

Answer by Yellowrose9 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• for ziti(pasta) as a side dish use 1 onuce dy per person. for a main dish use 2 ounces. I always round it off on the high side. I would rather have too much than too little. so in your case do 4 pounds of pasta sould be plenty.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 2:10 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• no its not a picnic where people bring things, it is my sons bday party. I am having ziti with the burgers and hot dogs because there are people who dont eat meat and some who can't eat the hot dogs for ethnic reasons. I want to make sure people have a variety not just stuck to eating only one thing!
    ctsassy

Answer by ctsassy at 2:51 PM on Apr. 26, 2009