To Those That Went Past Their Due Date ?

How many weeks did you go past ?

When you finally had the baby past your due date did the labor come on it's own or did the doctor decide to induce you ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Apr. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was 12 days late and had to be "augmented."
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 1:46 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• My ds was due on the 20th of Dec. Then, towards the end, they changed that to the 25th. Then, he was induced, then, after problems with that, he was born by c-section on the 4th of Jan.

My dd was due on the 11th of April. I went into labor and delivered her v-bac on the 20th of April.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:49 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• OP HERE: IS IT TRUE YOUR NOT OVERDUE UNTIL YOUR 2 FULL WEEKS PAST YOUR DUE DATE SO IT COULD AMOST LEAD INTO 3 WEEKS OR MORE PAST THAT DUE DATE ?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Couple days late with both of mine. but they both came on their own.
    Sara722

Answer by Sara722 at 1:50 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• my water broke w/ my late baby. She was due August 2, My water broke August 10 and had her August 11.
    dru1880

Answer by dru1880 at 1:50 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• sheesh my mom and her sister tell me I was supposed to be due in June but didn't come out until aug.!!
    Anyway my last baby was 2 weeks late and I spent 24 hours being induced with many different tatics so a c-section was performed...He still didn't want to come out! they had to "tug" him out!! I sewar it felt like he was using my rib cage as monkey bars!! and wouldn't let go
    I did have my 1st baby 3 days late and it was natural...all the way! no drugs or anything!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:09 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• My son was 8 days late. He was due New Years Day 2008. I saw my OB on the 2nd and he said "Well you're scheduled for an induction on the 8th..." I was like, whoa! I did not want to be induced unless I really had to be, and I think dr's are too quick to induce these days. Yeah I know about health risks to post-term babies. I've also heard about dr's thinking the baby was 42 weeks when it was more like 37. IMHO some babies need to "cook" a little longer than others. Also I was 15 days late and my brother was a week late, and we were both fine.

So I asked my OB to hold off on induction until the 12th, because that was the weekend and my husband would be home (at that point his job took him on the road 4-5 nights a week). My water broke on the 8th, the day he'd wanted to induce me! My husband was home an hour later, and I had the baby 27 hours later on the 9th. He was 7lbs 8oz, 21 1/4 inches and very healthy!
    zorrokat

Answer by zorrokat at 2:18 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• My first baby was 8 days late. I was induced & there were extreme complications. My epidural only worked from my cookie -on down, so I couldn't feel myself push or push. There were two nurses pushing on my belly; pushing the baby out & the doctor was pulling @ the end of me. @ the end I ended up w/ severe problems from a episiotomy gone wrong & my daughter was not breathing for I don't know how long. She is fine now, no brain damage; she is actually advanced for her age.
    My third baby was also 8 days late, I went in to be induced & while waiting to be induced went in to natural labor. I guess I scared myself into labor, she rushed into the world 7 hr. later.
    Ironically both of my girls were 8 days past due & both weighed 7lb. 4oz.
    sdc9579

Answer by sdc9579 at 2:39 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Mine was 4 days late and came on her own. The Estimate Due Date your Dr gave you can be 2 weeks off in either direction, so technically you are not 'past' your EDD until 42 weeks.
    LeoneLover13

Answer by LeoneLover13 at 7:06 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• Tomorrow I will be 43 weeks and the most they will do/ have done is a membrane sweep. If I haven't had her by tuesday it's a repeat c-section for me.

My husband was almost 4 weeks late according to my MIL, he was due I think Aug 14 and was born Spt 9th lol, so it's not unheard of to go that long.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 7:42 AM on Apr. 26, 2009